Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz 1978 FS. ##SOLD PP##

phsycoandy

"Two Busses come along at the same time". I bought this very recently, then the Sunburst/Rosewood one I've been longing for, for ages came up locally today and is on hold for a month for me, so this one has gotta go although i've only had it 5 minutes.
Good Points: Original 1978 Jazz bass, serial number checks out as does the corresponding sticker under the scratchplate. All as far as I know is original, except for the missing bridge pup cover. Neck is superb, straight etc and the sound is huge. All electronics work fine and are scratch free. The neck is superb, binding,blocks all mint, zero fret wear. No extra routs or other molestations. Nice solid Fender USA embossed hard case.
Bad points. The body finish is poor. There are numerous cracks and crazed areas front and back, and if I was to keep it I would probably have her refinished and will do if no one sees the potential. There are some dull areas aswell. So dont expect a mint example as you will be dissapointed. Shes just an old girl in need of some TLC.
Open to offers although I need to clear the cost and the fuel to get her! So I have a price in mind.
Some Pics: These are detailed so you get the idea.

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='Mike' post='297697' date='Oct 2 2008, 04:32 PM']Is that your description, or the original sellers description?[/quote]eerrrr! not sure what u mean Mike, but heh! Paint flaking off as I type, all im offering up is a genuine chance for someone to grab a 70s Jazz at a reasonable price, spend a £100 getting her refinished end of story, if not Ill do exactly that and get £1400 on Ebay.

[quote name='birdy' post='297763' date='Oct 2 2008, 05:12 PM']Seriously, I wouldn't have that refinned. I think due to its age you would knock hundreds of pounds in value off it as its pretty much vintage now.

Steve[/quote]

Stick it in the Gallery.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='297776' date='Oct 2 2008, 05:22 PM']Im amazed how much abuse I get from advertising something which is not "picture perfect" is this not a general FS sale forum, does everything have to be mint condition?[/quote]

'Time Out' Andy... have I missed something or misreading reactions? Where did the abuse come from? I can't see any attack on your description or item, sensitivity seems to be high :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='297792' date='Oct 2 2008, 05:35 PM']'Time Out' Andy... have I missed something or misreading reactions? Where did the abuse come from? I can't see any attack on your description or item, sensitivity seems to be high :)[/quote]
pms

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='297776' date='Oct 2 2008, 05:22 PM']Im amazed how much abuse I get from advertising something which is not "picture perfect" is this not a general FS sale forum, does everything have to be mint condition?[/quote]

On the contrary I think it looks great as it is which is why I advised against a refin. I think this will get snapped up.

EDIT: Removed my query about abuse.

Steve

Edited by birdy

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='297792' date='Oct 2 2008, 05:35 PM']'Time Out' Andy... have I missed something or misreading reactions? Where did the abuse come from? I can't see any attack on your description or item, sensitivity seems to be high :)[/quote]

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='297796' date='Oct 2 2008, 05:38 PM']pms[/quote]

Ah, obviously as onlookers we aren't aware of what is said in PMs :huh:

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='297933' date='Oct 2 2008, 07:59 PM']must admit am at a loss to understands Mike's question :)[/quote]
I think he may have been referring to the part where he mentions a missing bridge pickup cover and assumed that a replacement has since be installed and that the description has been copied and pasted or something, but i'm guessing andy meant to say neck cover....

Sweet bass anyway, good luck with the sale. If i had the money i'd love one, i think the black/black/maple + chrome pickup covers + pearl binding and blocks just looks amazing.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='297967' date='Oct 2 2008, 08:31 PM']I think he may have been referring to the part where he mentions a missing bridge pickup cover and assumed that a replacement has since be installed and that the description has been copied and pasted or something, but i'm guessing andy meant to say neck cover....

Sweet bass anyway, good luck with the sale. If i had the money i'd love one, i think the black/black/maple + chrome pickup covers + pearl binding and blocks just looks amazing.[/quote]
Bugger perhaps thats what it was, silly me, I meant to say neck pickup cover, sorry to all concerned.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='297933' date='Oct 2 2008, 07:59 PM']must admit am at a loss to understands Mike's question :)[/quote]

Being familiar with the OP's style of posting/writing, and looking at the other ad he currently is running, it just didn't seem like his own words.

Recently, someone came in for a lot of flak for simply copy & pasting an original owner's ad - I just wanted to clarify this before it got too late.

No offence was meant, it was a simple question, and required a simple answer! Case closed.

I agree, but I think it's important to state that is the case, in order to be completely transparent about the sale. If you see the OP's other jazz for sale, you'll recognise quite a difference in sales technique! Hence my query (and not suspicion).