Why become a member? ×

Coldplay at Glastonbury zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

thebrig

[quote name='bigd1' timestamp='1467019994' post='3080420']
In other news, I was very disappointed with ELO very dull indeed, in fact it was a bit painful.
[/quote]
Yep I was never a big fan of ELO but this was depressingly dull, if very accurate to the recordings but boring as hell.
Didn't bother with Coldplay

I couldn't name a single Cold Play tune. I've heard a few but find them dull beyond measure and absolutely hate his whiny voice. Just don't get it really.

Be a funny old world if we all liked the same stuff etc.

Meanwhile I have tickets to see EWF at the O2 on Friday!

Same here so I turned over and was floored by EW&F....a great live experience and I thought it actually sounded like great musicians playing live unlike all the other bands who sounded to me like someone had pressed the backing tape button.

Well, I enjoyed the Coldplay set. If I was uncharitable, I'd say it looks like a lot of people who already dislike Coldplay intensely watched a bit of the set purely so they could say how crap it was.
TBH I enjoyed it as much for the lighting as anything else. The effect of all those xylobands was simply stunning.

I think the new project I've been working with does a Coldplay cover... although I'm not sure what it's called and I've never heard the original :blink:

Verse is Am/G and chorus is C/G/Am/F (suspiciously similar to everything else in the set... :mellow: ). Sounds quite rocky and lively they way they do it... lots of rise and fall, I quite like it.

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1467027691' post='3080537']
Well, I enjoyed the Coldplay set. If I was uncharitable, I'd say it looks like a lot of people who already dislike Coldplay intensely watched a bit of the set purely so they could say how crap it was.
TBH I enjoyed it as much for the lighting as anything else. The effect of all those xylobands was simply stunning.
[/quote]

I can't argue with that...that's pretty much what I did :D

However I don't think Chris Martin can sing live.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467022405' post='3080452']
Is it a Coldplay tune that the BBC use for intro music for all the Glastonbury segments?
[/quote]

Yep - a newish one - v catchy with a disco-like octaved bass part in places. I love it - can't get the tune out of my head - although one or two of earth wind and fires have been stuck there today ...... especially In the Stone - Got to get you into my Life and Jupiter - it's like 1979 again - with a similarly loony political backdrop for good measure and England bombing out of a major football competition to comparative minnows - the worlds gone decidedly retro!!

Edited by drTStingray