Why become a member? ×

Glastonbury 2016 - thoughts?

taunton-hobbit

This sort of thing is down to a minority who choose to ignore the requests to "love the farm, leave no trace". This is a message you see time and time again, from buying your ticket, to the programme, to the screens between acts. It's not a hard thing to grasp and most attendees do their best.

Unfortunately, when you can pop into Halfords on your way and get a 4 person "camping pack" for 90 quid, the temptation to just dump it at the end will be there for some.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1467478772' post='3084014']
No, I don't see any logic there, because they are poles apart there is a good chance you wouldn't like her? Why?
[/quote] Well, if you look at the example of Project C, who likes Shyfx , he doesn`t like Adele`s music. I don`t know why, i guess people hear music differently.If you asked the average Adele fan if they like Gwar, I am thinking more Adele fans would not like them? Maybe I am wrong, but a lot of people like certain music that is similar in taste.

[quote name='pineweasel' timestamp='1467483831' post='3084067']
This sort of thing is down to a minority who choose to ignore the requests to "love the farm, leave no trace".
[/quote]

The guy in the video says it is about 25% of people. A minority yes, but not much of one.

I was speaking to an engineer at work who lives next to Pilton Farm. He reckons there is a gas main that runs under the field at the main stage and is starting to give under the weight. He says this year will be the last to be held at Pilton and will be moving to another venue.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1467484881' post='3084074']
Well, if you look at the example of Project C, who likes Shyfx , he doesn`t like Adele`s music. I don`t know why
[/quote]

you do know why, he said, he found it boring. I find it boring too, so I can understand that POV (ignoring the out of tune part which I am guessing is not her fault).

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1467484881' post='3084074']If you asked the average Adele fan if they like Gwar, I am thinking more Adele fans would not like them? Maybe I am wrong, but a lot of people like certain music that is similar in taste.
[/quote]

And I think that a lot of people who are involved in music have fairly wide tastes. Certainly my iTunes collection goes from death metal to light jazz with classical / electronica / prog / etc in the middle. I don't think that is unusual.

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1467912285' post='3087286']
Do you never listen to music stations on the radio?

She's very difficult to avoid.
[/quote]
[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1467912308' post='3087288']
You been living under a rock, bro?
[/quote]

Never listen to the radio & never watch music programmes on the TV. There are loads of bands & artists people mention on here that I've never heard anything by.

The list of incredibly popular films I've never seen is equally astounding. :)

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1467912789' post='3087292']

Never listen to the radio & never watch music programmes on the TV. There are loads of bands & artists people mention on here that I've never heard anything by.
[/quote]

I'm almost envious, through absolutely no proactive effort on my part I've managed to hear her last three singles so many times that I never want to hear them again.