Why become a member? ×

Not fun times with parcelfarce and parcel2go

Twincam

Typically I tempted fate yesterday in the fun times with interparcel thread. Saying I've never been let down by parcelforce.

Anyone know how to actually contact parcel2go I paid for 24hr delivery through them. First parcelforce picks up the item from me at at around 3pm, then it says they didn't collect on the tracking at just after 5pm. Finally it get moving to its destination. Then it looks like on the tracking it's sitting in the van today with a route assigned so something has went wrong and I want to claim back some of the money since it won't be there till Tuesday. I've contacted parcelforce easy enough waiting to hear back from them but I preempt them saying talk to parcel2go.

I could of drove to the other side of the country in under 2 hours and delivered it myself for less fuel costs than what they charged and had money left over.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1464356986' post='3058810']
...something has went wrong and I want to claim back some of the money since it won't be there till Tuesday.
[/quote]

Good luck with that. PorcelFarce make it so difficult to claim and you have to jump through so many hoops that in the end it's simply not worth claiming. You'd almost think they made the system hard to use on purpose. :mellow:

My joke 'BassChat Courier' service is actually looking more and more viable. :D

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1464357851' post='3058831']
Errm I see that swearing has not been edited hehe!
[/quote]

That's because any courier related swearing is exempt from the filter... the forum software understands our disbelief that an entire industry can be so shockingly incompetent. :mellow:

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1464372198' post='3059017']
It arrived apparently the tracking system had issues.
Unfortunately I had already sent parcelforce a few sharp emails lol. Ah well.
[/quote]

[b][size=5]PARCELFORCE 'DO THE RIGHT THING' SHOCK![/size][/b] :o

Edited by discreet

Many years ago we were preparing a race car for a weekend event, and ordered new slick tyres for it to arrive on Thursday, to be delivered by Parcel Farce. Nope. When they weren't there by 5.30 we called (this is old stylee!) and were told that "We tried to deliver them but no-one was there to receive them". Clearly rubbish, as it was a commercial premises and we were there all day working on the car. "Where are they", we asked. "At our delivery depot in central Croydon", they replied. "Great, we said, we are in Croydon, we'll come and get them first thing in the morning". Go to said depot, ask for our delivery and are shown to a large warehouse absolutely stuffed full of things. Whats this, we ask." All the stuff we couldn't/didn't deliver" they said, "we just chuck it in there" "Where is our parcel, then" "Somewhere in there, you'll just have to have a look for it" I kid you not. Fortunately being a larg-ish doughnut shaped item it was not too hard to spot. I appreciate things have moved on a lot since then, but I've still never used them since. The firm next door to me has an account with DHL (they deal in radio valves, so they don't want stuff damaged or going missing) so I get a good rate and I've never had anything go missing or not be delivered. Ever. They even delivered stuff to my son when he was travelling in Australia without the slightest difficulty, including the customs forms, the lot. Thoroughly recommend them.

Edited by phil.c60

[quote name='George@P2G' timestamp='1464943570' post='3063922']
Good morning,

Apologies if I'm not following the correct procedure, however 'Twincam' as an employee of Parcel2Go I am disappointed to hear that you've had a bad experience. I would really like to help out with this, could you drop me a email at [email protected] FAO George. I will see what I can do to put this right.

Regards,

George.
[/quote]

It's ok it was a parcelforce error and there systems went haywire the parcel was delivered on time.

[quote name='ribbetingfrog' timestamp='1464952262' post='3064065']
Always be aware with ParceForce, musical instruments are not covered on their insurance.
[/quote]

Yes they are fully covered for loss up to a certain amount think it's £2000 but could be more actually. However damage is only for £100. However pack your parcel right and you should be ok. I've said numerous times I've still never had an issue with parcelforce the delivery times have been as quoted and never a damaged parcel when receiving and sending. And I've sent valve amps and other delicate items up and down the country and to Ireland too.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1464955552' post='3064114']

It's ok it was a parcelforce error and there systems went haywire the parcel was delivered on time.

Yes they are fully covered for loss up to a certain amount think it's £2000 but could be more actually. However damage is only for £100. However pack your parcel right and you should be ok. I've said numerous times I've still never had an issue with parcelforce the delivery times have been as quoted and never a damaged parcel when receiving and sending. And I've sent valve amps and other delicate items up and down the country and to Ireland too.
[/quote]

Skip to content
Parcelforce Worldwide
Live Service UpdatesContact Us
Search form Search
Sending a parcel
UK Parcel Delivery
Our Services
expressAM
express24
express48
express48large
Tools & help
Get an instant quote
Find a postcode
Find us locally
UK prices
Return services
See all our UK sending services
International Parcel Delivery
Our Services
globalexpress
globalpriority
globalvalue
globaleconomy
irelandexpress
HM Forces
Tools & help
Country guides
International prices
Top Destinations
USA
China
Australia
See all our worldwide sending services
France
Ireland
Receiving a parcel
Help and advice
Account Customers
More
You are here
HomeHelp and adviceSendingItems we exclude from compensation
Help and advice
How can we help?
If you have an enquiry or are looking for some information then please type a question or keyword(s) into the box provided, and we will return a list of articles to help you.

Print
Email Share
Help and advice home

You are here
SendingItems we exclude from compensation
Items we exclude from compensation

Compensation for loss and damage is included in the price you pay . This ranges from £100 to £200 per parcel, depending on the service used, except for the Global Economy service, for which there is no compensation available. More information can be found on our inclusive compensation page.Enhanced compensation is available for an additional fee to a maximum of £2,500. However, there are some items that are not covered for loss and damage at all.
Proper packaging is really important. If your goods are not packaged properly and become damaged, we won't pay compensation. We look at packaging before deciding whether to pay a claim for damage. Please keep the parcel and its packaging until your claim is settled. Please see our packaging guidelines for more information.

What's covered: The lowest of the cost/sale price will be used to settle a claim subject to the maximum compensation and allowing for wear and tear and depreciation where appropriate. VAT will be reimbursed in appropriate cases. Indirect or consequential loss including any labour costs is not covered. Postage costs are not refunded for damage claims.

The following goods are excluded from compensation:

Items excluded from compensation for loss and damage

Dangerous, prohibited or restricted goods (where you do not comply with the relevant terms and conditions), or goods sent in breach of sanctions. Please visit our prohibitions and restrictions and sanctions pages for further information.

Money, coins and financial documents (money's equivalent)

This includes banker's drafts, credit/debit cards, current bank notes, currency notes or coins, postal orders, cheques or dividend warrants, bearer securities including share warrants, scrips or subscription certificates, bonds or relative coupons, unfranked postage stamps or revenue stamps (except a revenue stamp embossed or impressed on an instrument which has been executed), coupons, vouchers, tokens, lottery tickets, scratch cards or similar items which can be exchanged themselves or with any other item for money, goods or services, national insurance stamps. Out of circulation coins (not made of gold or silver) and bank notes are classed as collectables
Nationally issued government certificates or licences which have a reissue value are covered for loss or damage but compensation is limited solely to the national government reissue cost. For example passports, driver's licences, wedding certificates, birth certificates, death certificates and changes of name or gender certificates
Negotiable documents
Stamps: unused or unfranked postage or revenue stamps. Out of circulation or franked stamps are treated as collectables for compensation purposes
All tickets, including travel and events, or tickets which are exchangeable for goods or services e.g. airline tickets.
Valuables

Antiques (objects over 100 years old)
Articles made largely or wholly of platinum, gold, silver or other precious metals
Diamonds and other precious stones
Fur (except imitation)
Jewellery (except imitation)
Sim cards
Watches and Clocks, including watch movements and other parts
Items excluded from compensation for damage

Automotive vehicle parts and body work for example but not limited to doors, bumpers, headlights and other large body parts or panels
Cakes of all types
Cases (including suitcases and musical instrument cases) when used as external packaging
Ceramics or composites wholly or partially made of china and/or porcelain e.g. plates, teapots, vases and ornaments
Computer monitors - including laptops, all-in-one desktops and iMacs
Eggs
Furniture - flat packed and ready built e.g. tables, chairs, shelves, cupboards and similar items
Glass - Items wholly or partially made from or containing glass. For example picture frames and clocks containing glass, or crystal items. Damage to other items in the parcel caused by broken glass will not be covered
Lighting - fluorescent tubes, neon lighting, X-ray tubes, light bulbs etc. or any other inherently fragile lighting items
Packaging (external) - For example, if items are sent in a suitcase, musical instrument case or in the manufacturer or retailer's original packaging without adequate external packaging, Parcelforce Worldwide will not be liable for damage to the suitcase, musical instrument case or manufacturer or retailer's packaging.
Plaster items - including plaster of paris, fibre clay
Resin items - including amorphite, amber and composites
Rock, stone and mineral items - including granite, marble, fossils, geodes, gem stones, crystals or similar items
Televisions - including CRT, LCD, LED and Plasma screens
Other compensation exclusions, special conditions or restrictions

Perishable foodstuffs and articles: All perishable items, including food, eggs, cakes, plants, flowers, seeds and medicines, may only be sent in accordance with the terms and conditions set out under the heading "Perishable foodstuffs and articles". Please visit our prohibitions and restrictions pages for more information.

UK services: Parcels for delivery in the UK which contain perishable foodstuffs or articles must be sent by a next day service as a minimum requirement, and be able to withstand transit times of at least 48 hours. Items sent on a Friday must be sent on a next day Saturday delivery service. Claims for damage will not be accepted where the goods have perished and the parcel was delivered within 48 hours. Claims for damage caused by late delivery will not be accepted where this was outside of our control.
International services: Items containing perishable foodstuffs or articles sent using our international services are completely excluded from compensation.

Musical instruments are excluded from enhanced compensation. Guitars and brass instruments are particularly prone to damage and should be packed very carefully, in a hard case. See our packaging guidelines for guidance

That's funny as when you pick extra compensation online adding musical instrument it says your covered for loss up to £2500 and damage £100.
They will also tell you this at the post office. When sending an instrument and asking for the insurance.

So are they lying to get the extra money? And not telling other online brokers or post office staff?
If that is the case I will stop using them immediately.

Has anyone pulled them up on this?

Adding I've bought insurance from them before and was told to make a claim instruments must of been sent in a hardcase. Forget where that extra information came from some pop up. Anyhow not happy if I've been deceived.

Edited by Twincam

I've had a bass smashed by ParcelFarce, with clear signs the double walled box had received a sharp impact as well as boot prints where it had been trodden on. Despite this PF dismissed my claim and refused to refund the cost of the enhanced compensation that I'd been sold by the Post Office staff (who asked what was in the box but still sold me insurance I couldn't claim on). The recipient had photographed the damage before opening the box, which had been delivered to and signed for by the recipient's neighbour despite the recipient being in all day (it was a commercial premises). Cucking funts.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1464957170' post='3064134']
That's funny as when you pick extra compensation online adding musical instrument it says your covered for loss up to £2500 and damage £100.
They will also tell you this at the post office. When sending an instrument and asking for the insurance.

So are they lying to get the extra money? And not telling other online brokers or post office staff?
If that is the case I will stop using them immediately.

Has anyone pulled them up on this?

Adding I've bought insurance from them before and was told to make a claim instruments must of been sent in a hardcase. Forget where that extra information came from some pop up. Anyhow not happy if I've been deceived.
[/quote]It would be interesting to do an FOI to Parcelforce and find out how much money they received say in 2015 from customers shipping musical instruments and paying for enhanced compensation which their own terms of business specifically exclude.

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1464985559' post='3064508']
It would be interesting to do an FOI to Parcelforce and find out how much money they received say in 2015 from customers shipping musical instruments and paying for enhanced compensation which their own terms of business specifically exclude.
[/quote]

Parcelforce is a private company and thus not subject to freedom of information act requests.

[quote name='chriswareham' timestamp='1464981633' post='3064461']
...enhanced compensation that I'd been sold by the Post Office staff (who asked what was in the box but still sold me insurance I couldn't claim on).
[/quote]

I did this with PorcelFarce until I discovered instruments weren't covered. So now I don't pay for the insurance, but I have to insist on not paying it because the cashiers at the PO don't seem to understand that instruments aren't covered and I have to quote their own T&Cs to them. Surely they should know what is and what is not insurable? You'd almost think it was a deliberate rip-off. [/cynical]

Edited by discreet

I've had typically bad service from Parcelforce recently. All is well that ends well I suppose but they sent a parcel destined for Lancashire to Exeter. One that was destined for Exeter, a TH500 got an absolute beating too. Luckily it was flightcased. When asked if the roll of 'FRAGILE' tape was a wasted effort on my part, the reply was a simple 'yes'.
I've lodged a claim and complaint for a 24 hour service turning into an 11 day one and no one seems particularly bothered.
They also hadn't insured the parcels for the amount the receipt states I paid for. So if damaged had occurred, I'd have had further issues. A dreadful service all round. NEVER again.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1465042736' post='3064889']
When asked if the roll of 'FRAGILE' tape was a wasted effort on my part, the reply was a simple 'yes'.
[/quote]

I never use FRAGILE tape as I think courier services treat this as a challenge!

I was a bit miffed with Parcelforce this week. They're bloody slow and misinform customers.

Got a bass from Germany,shipped with GLS. Took 27 hr to travel 1000Km (long way) and passed through 3 depots. Hit the UK and took
Parcelforce 30 hr to go half the distance with only 1 depot,was lying in Edinburgh unprocessed for another 12 hours when I collected it.

Shame they have the monopoly on international deliveries as they're crap.