Why become a member? ×

Instrument v set list non-sequitur

Ajoten

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1459953459' post='3021215']
Yes. I'm very rarely serious on this forum - unless it's a Barefaced thread. ;)
[/quote]

I also come here for a good laugh in those dead moments at work.

Now, back on topic again... what was this one about?

I judge everybody on their gear and I'm absolutely correct 99% of the time.

Like the time I was putting together an indie rock band and a guitarist brought his Ibanez Steve Vai 77777Jem777!!1. I knew immediately he was wrong for the band and that he was just about to play some widdly, widdly neoclassical sh*te.

He did. He was.

Besides...image is far more important than tone.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1459955077' post='3021238']
Spain.
[/quote]

Ah, i see... i was thinking about it and was under the impression that it was on that place where little bearded people lived under a rainbow and guarded their pot while they smoke a pipe...

...Amsterdam if i'm not mistaken!

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1459955359' post='3021242']
...was under the impression that it was on that place where little bearded people lived under a rainbow and guarded their pot while they smoke a pipe ...Amsterdam if i'm not mistaken!
[/quote]

And also Shoreditch. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1459941339' post='3021036']
People buy Ferraris to drive around London at 9 MPH, same principle. They can afford it and want it.
[/quote][quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1459941763' post='3021043']
Can you get a Road Worn Ferrari?
[/quote]
:lol:
[/thread]

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1459957567' post='3021277']
if i want to play "teenage kicks" on a £40,000 diamond encrusted bass made of compressed unicorn hair I will
[/quote]

Well it's not very 'punk' is it?

Couldn't your diamond-encrusted bass be made instead out of compressed gob?

my bass isnt high end but to me it is, i certainly couldnt replace it so its a keeper, as to the why? cos at the time i could and fancied a 5ver no other reason. and yes i play mustang sally on it and sweet home chicago etc and it sounds fab. but then to me a fender is a waste of money so what do i know? :blink:

Edited by lowhand_mike

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1459936786' post='3020957']
In 37 years of playing, I have never had to play Sweet Home Alabama until just last week. We're going to play it at a gig in the summer as the host specifically requested. I'll be playing it on an ACG 5 string fretless.

Not sure what my point is, just putting the info out there.... :)
[/quote]

I played it on an Esh Poseidon V on Saturday night, and I've also played it on a Sei Flamboyant 6 and a Sei Original 5 fretless in the last couple of months. Presumably that means it's jazz fusion or experimental post-rock.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1459949719' post='3021158']
How many high performance motorcycles do you see where the tyres show no sign of being used in corners? When I think what we take for granted these days as being available, let alone affordable. I'm not sure it's fully appreciated just how well off we all are.
[/quote]

Quite. Probably about the same number as 4x4s in cities that think driving up a curb is going off-road.

I don't really care what people spend on their basses, what does amuse me is the amount of care they give them. To me a bass is an instrument to be played and used. It will pick up damage. All is good as long as the guy with his diamond encrusted unicorn hair bass doesn't get upset when a punter spills beer down it.