Why become a member? ×

I have an unhealthy hankering for a Maruszczyk Elwood L 5 string

Merton

32" scale
Passive J set up
Maple neck and board
Either blue burst with pearloid scratchplate, black burst, vintage white with tort plate or all black with black plate.

Of course I cannot afford it, but that's not the point.

Talk me out of it.

Edited by Merton

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1457562388' post='2999763']
I keep looking at this which I like a lot... but I'm not really into shiny new basses, so it's fairly easy to resist.

[/quote]

It's purdy! But if you prefer the beaten up look I can see you being onto a winner :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1457562388' post='2999763']
I keep looking at this which I like a lot... but I'm not really into shiny new basses, so it's fairly easy to resist.

[/quote]

If you're not into shiny new basses then this might be more up your street.

Edited by Guinness21

[quote name='Guinness21' timestamp='1457702080' post='3001109']

[/quote]

Mike Dirnt Roadworn... a good thing by all accounts, especially this maple-board variant. I'm currently modding a bass that I hope will satisfy my 50s P GAS. Thread to come in the fullness of time... :)

Edited by discreet

I know of a slightly used 5-string vintage white with tort (has a black one as well) Elwood for sale (not mine and not a basschat user either, please remove this post if it's breaking any rules), but it's the standard 34" scale. Quite pretty though, kinda '66-ish, painted headstock, lollypop tuners, dot&bound fretboard.

[quote name='such' timestamp='1457704753' post='3001148']
I know of a slightly used 5-string vintage white with tort (has a black one as well) Elwood for sale (not mine and not a basschat user either, please remove this post if it's breaking any rules), but it's the standard 34" scale. Quite pretty though, kinda '66-ish, painted headstock, lollypop tuners, dot&bound fretboard.
[/quote]

Cheers! I've become a fan of medium scale (Alan Cringean's fault, kind of) so although it's tempting it's not where my heart currently sits :)