Why become a member? ×

Recent Status Updates

Happy Jack

So ... what's that all about then?

Now exists as a sort of parallel mini-forum where people post Items Wanted ads, questions about effects pedals, comments about equipment, etc.

I have no interest in being informed of what people had for breakfast or how they're feeling this morning (although I do look forward to the latest update from Les and his curious determination to spell doner kebab with two 'n's) but surely almost all the tosh that turns up in Recent Status Updates is neither related to status nor an update?

Edited by Happy Jack

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1456904704' post='2993291']
I get all my friends breakfast info from facebook...
[/quote]

Food posts are rubbish. I give people one chance - any more after that and they get all of their content hidden. Except my mum - I tolerate her posts for the greater good.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1456905099' post='2993297']
Food posts are rubbish. I give people one chance - any more after that and they get all of their content hidden. Except my mum - I tolerate her posts for the greater good.
[/quote]

Since signing up last year for the first time, after an initial flurry of interest I've slowly unfollowed pretty much everyone except members of my family... Friends get one whinging political post then there on the unfollow list :mellow:

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1456904925' post='2993292']I fear for Les' arteries!
To be fair, "donner" is forgivable as it is pronounced that way*[/quote]

It's also a German word, which I assumed was Les's clever way of describing his diets after-effects.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1456928742' post='2993650']
More worrying when your local takeaway's menu actually advertises "Donor Kebab". :o

Jon.
[/quote]

Ah yes, that's when you want someone to enjoy the gift of your kebab after your death.