Why become a member? ×

Bass Day Nov 9th

Monz

[quote name='Pris-' post='302797' date='Oct 9 2008, 10:13 AM']Bring your relatives, Silverfoxnik! The more the merrier! :huh:[/quote]
Will be there again this year. Much better venue than the earlier events. Wife uses it as an excuse to go shopping in Manchester. :) Could be a dear day.
Looking forward to meeting up with John & Barbara Lowe, (Gary's parents). Haven't seen them since last Bass Day due to gigging.

Anyone having problems with the BassDay site crashing Internet Explorer. I can't get on it at all.

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='Machines' post='305671' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:05 PM']MusicLive is on the Sunday too so he can't be in two places at once ![/quote]

Yeah - I'm going MusicLive on the Saturday. I'm an honourary drummer at the Roland stand it would seem.

OK is it just me...?

The banner presently at the top of the page (RNCM Bass Day with a pic of a tuning peg) advertising said day, who the heck strung that bass? That image bugs me every time I look at it. Who would string a bass up like that, it's just crying out to constantly slip out of tune :)

It might have locked the winding underneath down but it's totally unnecessary and ugly. :huh:

[quote name='ashevans09' post='289070' date='Sep 22 2008, 12:00 PM']Completely off topic but that's on my birthday! Woot!

And in response no I'm not going...

sorry[/quote]

Wow! It's the day after mine!!! Happy birthday for the 9th birthday neighbour!

I will be going, with any luck...

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='305683' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:19 PM']OK is it just me...?

The banner presently at the top of the page (RNCM Bass Day with a pic of a tuning peg) advertising said day, who the heck strung that bass? That image bugs me every time I look at it. Who would string a bass up like that, it's just crying out to constantly slip out of tune :)

It might have locked the winding underneath down but it's totally unnecessary and ugly. :huh:[/quote]

Some advertising "creative" thought a normally wound string looked boring, I suspect...

[quote name='OldGit' post='305992' date='Oct 14 2008, 08:56 AM']Some advertising "creative" thought a normally wound string looked boring, I suspect...[/quote]

Wasn't me, I swear! :)

Happy to see you happy about Bass Day, bass heads! Wikkid! :huh: Looking forward to meet you all!

Bass Day UK's website crash has been reported, thanks for reporting.

See you soon!

I'm going to be there and my 121 with JS "self" build bass will be on Jon Shukers stand.
I've just sent Jon the images from the build and he said he will do a display.
Obviously I'll be around too some of the time so if anyone wants to discuss the self-build course in more detail, I'd be happy to oblige!

I will hopefully be bringing a bevvy of BC T shirts to sell, plus some stickers/business cards etc. If you see me come and say hello, I will be wearing a LED scrolling name badge courtesy of miss ped :)

Roll on Nov
ped

P.s it's my Bday on the 5th but I will be accepting late gifts at the event :huh:

A LED scrolling name badge! I_want_one_of_those :)

Cool, I'm bringing T's as well. Also in two minds about pint glasses or mugs... which is more popular?

Ah, belated birthday cake then :brow: .. wikkid! Janek's birthday is somewhere around that date as well, you're in good company!

-Pris

[quote name='Pris-' post='308590' date='Oct 17 2008, 01:40 PM']A LED scrolling name badge! I_want_one_of_those :)

Cool, I'm bringing T's as well. Also in two minds about pint glasses or mugs... which is more popular?

Ah, belated birthday cake then :brow: .. wikkid! Janek's birthday is somewhere around that date as well, you're in good company!

-Pris[/quote]

Mugs ...

We should all have a meet up guys, il definitely be there!! Any BC merchandise, il bring some cash!!!! Must look out for you guys, would be top to meet a few of you all...
Oh.. if anyone has the elusive combo i'm looking for, i've got my eye on a couple currently, I can always empty my bank account and bring some cash... :) :huh:
Looking forward to it, especially seeing Bona!!! Hadrien was top last year, this years should be awesome too!

[quote name='cheddatom' post='291666' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:56 AM']Is there a bar? Is it £1/pint?[/quote]

There was a bar next to the cafe last year ( on your left as you go in) but I have a feeling it might have closed early ( that might have been a dream though!).

I'll be there as usual, wandering about looking lost :)

Cheers
Alun

I'll be there, best £20 you'll spend this year.

Shame Adam isn't there, but Yolanda's worth the money on her own.

Pris, is Stevie doing a set this year? I really hope so, even better with the band, he's stolen the show for me on previous occasions.

Anyone sees a big numpty wandering about looking confused, come and say hello.

Edited by Rayman

Hey Big Numpty :), Alun (yay!), Urb Burg, Overwater (The?), Ped, OthersWhoResponded, and rest of Bass Chatters,

Yes, [b]Stevie[/b] will kick off, at 1pm with his band. There'll be less solo players and more bands this year as it goes. [b]Yolanda Charles[/b] will bring her full band, [b]Hadrien Feraud and Janek Gwizdala[/b] perform with their trio, [b]TM Stevens[/b] will bring a drummer along and Richard Bona is doing a masterclass on his own.

More updates: [b]PRIZES!![/b]!
We're so happy to have great partners! In this years prize draw, we have a [b]FARIDA BASS, AN INCREDIBLE LENGTH OF ROTO SOUND, ELITES, ELIXER and OVERWATER STRINGS, RICHARD BONA CD's and a magic HIWATT AMP![/b]

I'm in the middle of posting more info on the [url="http://www.bassday.co.uk"]Bass Day Myspace[/url], so more info and credits to be read there. Just gimme a few hours to play with pics, links and buttons, alright?

Also, gimme more feedback on the mug or tankard question, please? Aaawww...? I need to order this week latest!