Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton JB-75SB RW (repainted) + fretless neck (READ) - free to a good home

biro

So, since Basschat has been extremely kind to me in the past, I thought it was about time I tried and give something back to the community.

I recently acquired a stunning 5-string Sire MM V7, and, since I also have another HB J (courtesy of CamdenRob) now have the dreaded first-world problem of having to many J basses in my tiny (well, first world gives, first world takes away) London flat.

Therefore: free to a good home, my first HB. It wasn't a deko, but it might be at this stage. It has been repainted (by yours truly) and it is, for all intents and purposes, an amateur job, though it doesn't look half bad to me. In any event, a vast improvement on the ugly sunburst it had originally. It does play very, very well, and I believe a beginner (or anyone in need of a JB, to be honest) would enjoy this a lot.

You [b]will[/b] have the pickguard too, and not a 3-ply black one, [i][u][b]unless[/b][/u][/i] I don't manage to swap it with the one I have on the other HB. It is, after all, my GF's masterpiece.

The bad: I don't have a soldering iron and they are thus re-attached with copious use of duct tape. (They do work well.) But then again, free bass!

The fretjob is very, very good and the truss rod works flawlessly. Everything's pukka.

Additional freebie: I also have a fretless neck, which I got for free from Roman, here on BC: I am sure he won't mind me passing it on. It has a paddle headstock, which can be refinished easily, and it seems very nice to me, though I haven't bothered fitting it on the bass. (Well, I saw it does fit in the neck pocket, but I haven't screwed it in.)

I'll try to add some other pictures later

I had originally thought about giving it to some charity or music school, but I feel like this is more of an ongoing DIY project and someone in possession of, say, a Dremel and a soldering iron might enjoy it a lot.

That being said, I am in London, pickup from N7 at reasonable times would be greatly preferred.

And, again, thanks Basschat! We [color=#545454][font=arial, sans-serif][size=1]♥ you![/size][/font][/color]

How very generous of you biro :)
Though we have never met - that's such a kind gesture, I'm sure you are a truly good person
Wish there had been someone as kind as yourself when I was first looking for a bass
I started with a real piece of cr@p - that bass you are kindly offering looks half tidy