Why become a member? ×

Roscoe Custom SKB 3000 4 string bass

dangee

The ever spiralling cost of my upcoming wedding forces this sale!

Roscoe SKB 3000 4 string bass. This is a rare custom made Roscoe, in that it is an SKB with the pickups in the LG position. It is in the newer translucent teal colour (with matching headstock). Both the body and the headstock are flamed maple. The fingerboard is spalted maple with the Roscoe inlay at the 12th fret. Bartolini pickups and preamp. Comes with a light hard case (like the Sadowsky cases).

Other specs:
• Weighs a lightweight 8.4 lbs
• 34" Scale - 24 Frets
• String spacing: 1 9/16" at the nut 2 3/8" at the 24th fret
• Exclusive graphite and steel reinforced precision adjustable neck
• Lightweight Hipshot tuning keys in black
• Precision milled custom design bridge by Hipshot in black
• Hand carved GraphTech nut
• Controls are volume, blend, bass and treble

Added bonus: I was planning to modify this bass and have bought a pair of Nordstrand Big Singles (which are built for the bass and will slip straight in) and a Hipshot d-tuner. The pair cost an extra £150. These are both boxed and included in the sale.

Previously owned by Eubassix, so obviously of great pedigree!

The bass retails at $3475 (plus shipping and duties).
Will post or meet (within reason and for costs).

Dan

Edited by dangee

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='281336' date='Sep 10 2008, 07:20 PM']That is a crazy good price, and a gorgeous bass!

Would you ship to Sweden?[/quote]

If you cover shipping and all duties (as well as fully insure the bass).

Dan

Edited by dangee

PMs replied to.

Just to clarify, this is up as a straight sale (no trades) and £900 is the bottom line on it! If I get no takers at that price I'll throw the Nordies in it, keep it and sell my 75 RI instead.

Thanks for all the comments so far...

Dan

[quote name='Toasted' post='281691' date='Sep 11 2008, 10:49 AM']I think that's actually an LG3000 - to be a pedant.

It's also beautiful![/quote]

It's either a custom SKB with LG pup positioning or a custom LG with an SKB body!

Edited by dangee

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='281747' date='Sep 11 2008, 12:27 PM']Just out of interest how much bigger is the SKB body over the LG (is it several cm wider/longer/deeper or are we talking mm) and is it a different shape, it doesn't look dissimilar on the Roscoe site.[/quote]

Haven't a clue...sorry! Maybe poptart will know...

Hi Dan - thanks for the note re. 'pedigree', Chum.
Just to state (the obvious) that this is a really nice Roscoe bass and somewhat rare in being a combination of the LG / SKB models (the SKB is not offered as a '4) .. and that Dan, from personal experience, is a great guy and looks after his instruments really well: so description / replies will be totally accurate.

+ Best Regards for the forthcoming event !!