Why become a member? ×

no cabs

bobbytodd

right in a moment of madness I went and bought a bmw335i coupe.and although its an awesome car all my gear no longer fits.so im thinking along the lines of either a sansamp bddi or the new ampeg di unit and running through that into the desk.and not using my amp or cabs at all.
so has anyone tried both di boxes and which did you prefer

cheers
rob

Its funny that you reason for not bringing cabs to the gig was to have a coupé. You can use the passenger seat for your cab. Anyway, speaker simulation can help with the overall sound through FOH, but its not a must. I´m using the cheap but very reliable Zoom B3.

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1446910383' post='2903442']
One of these. I've used both in anger and this one is better by far as it has the speaker sim feature - IMHO, of course.

[url="http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/sansamp/vtbassdi.html"]http://www.tech21nyc...p/vtbassdi.html[/url]
[/quote]
Another vote for the VT DI, a really nicely voiced EQ (mids @ 500k) and then a bunch of Ampeg emulations if you want them; really sweet sounding drive.

The Ampeg SCR-DI is a great pedal, if you like Ampeg sounds, as is the Tech21 VT DI. The regular Sansamp BDDI is nice, but lack of mids control for me lets it down.

But the suggestion of the Zoom B3 is a great one, amp-modelling, tuner, plus effects all in one box. A very nice piece of kit and very reasonably priced.