Why become a member? ×

Wait. He said what???

colgraff

[quote name='ziggybass' timestamp='1445874974' post='2894912']
Well as I know "Mellow Yellow was a substance (and could also be chics or?) But yeh I get uncumfortable with some lyrics when with my kids, even though they are now adults. And why the hell do we now not bother when their are so many F's N's and I hear a C in one song as despite my age my bassist ears are real sensitive! How we fall so far? It wasn't me!
[/quote] Yes I know your goin to say mellow Yellow but the West Indians around Ladbroke Grove called it "The yellow that maked you mellow", Mellow Yellow made more sense to company! I lived in Lancaster Rd and Don, in Tavistock Cresant or rd? I could look it up but why? All the bands wanted to live around there 'Notting Hill' in those days! Sorry old man chuntering on!

Fantasy and delirium are part and parcel of the human psyche, male and female, and expression of such are quite separate from acting out those fantasies. I've not read '50 Shades Of Grey', but believe it to have some erotic content. There is much literature, ancient and modern, with difficult scenes. Visual arts, too, have their share of criticism from some quarters. No great surprise, to me, to find salacious content in any popular culture; it's all in the eye of the beholder, anyway, and moral standards evolve (for better or worse...) constantly. Is it bad, or wrong..? It's up to the individual to wade his or her way through these muddy waters and judge for themselves. We are all responsible for our own moral judgements, but not for those of others, imo.

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1445862361' post='2894752']
Bryan Adams' 'Summer of '69' -- the last line of vocal before the outro guitar bit is "me and my baby in a 69". All the lyrics sites will tell you it's "...in '69", but the 'a' is definitely there.
[/quote]
My band play this. I do backing vocals on it. During the outro bit which goes "it was the summer of 69", I occasionally change the lyrics to "and then I gave her a 69" and "my favourite number is 69" (same amount of syllables see?). No-one has noticed (I don't think). Don't tell anyone...

Edited by Grassie

[quote name='wmsheep' timestamp='1445885924' post='2895081']
I think the all time classic for having the "F-Bomb" in it is "Hey Jude", by that popular liverpool beat combo "The Beatles".

in case you are wondering, it's at about 2.57 into the song.
[/quote]

The Kingsmen version of Louie Louie has a not-very-hidden one as well, not in the lyrics, but when the band trips over the timing you can clearly hear one of them exclaiming "F*ck!" in the background.

[quote name='wmsheep' timestamp='1445885924' post='2895081']
I think the all time classic for having the "F-Bomb" in it is "Hey Jude", by that popular liverpool beat combo "The Beatles".

in case you are wondering, it's at about 2.57 into the song.
[/quote]
Paul says, "Argh! F***ing hell!". Pretty funny every time I hear it on the radio.

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1445893402' post='2895189']
Paul says, "Argh! F***ing hell!". Pretty funny every time I hear it on the radio.
[/quote]

Apparently they bounced the backing vocals and guitars on the same track and couldnt seperate them. They didnt bother to redo it as you couldnt really hear it on your 1960s Dansette. However, with the remastered version on CD it sticks out like a sore thumb!!

[/quote]

Yeah, always look forward to hearing it too.

And I gather that the original cause of the F-Bomb was either John or George's earphones slipping off (tho I might be wrong on that)

Aerosmith. Walk this way. Teen masturbator encouraged to have sex with cheerleaders and schoolgirls by some woman's older boyfriend using pretty explicit lyrics. Great choice for Girls Aloud and the Sugababes to cover for children in need :D

[/quote]

All the years I been listening to that song, and I've never noticed!! well F#@k me!!

Re Summer of 69, our singist always howls 'me and my baby love 69', she is usually in the audience and even she doesn't notice...cracks me up though!