Why become a member? ×

The Fender Bass Book

Hutton

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1439289119' post='2841514']
I have a copy that was given to me by John Entwistle, who in turn had been given it by Sting. Unfortunately I can't prove this but it's 100% true.

I'm willing to let it got to a Basschat member for £600 inc postage
[/quote]

Everyone form an orderly queue! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think it's something to be reported. He asks too much, so he should have trouble to sell it. Unless of course someone hasn't done their research and buys it. Not the nicest thing in the world, but not counterfeit item or fraud either. Only about 15% more expensive than amazon (who can afford smaller margins and/or lower wholesale price) plus shipping - as not everyone has amazon's power to have deals with postage service providers.

Edited by such

[quote name='such' timestamp='1439289782' post='2841525']
I don't think it's something to be reported. He asks too much, so he should have trouble to sell it. Unless of course someone hasn't done their research and buys it. Not the nicest thing in the world, but not counterfeit item or fraud either. Only about 15% more expensive than amazon (who can afford smaller margins and/or lower wholesale price) plus shipping - as not everyone has amazon's power to have deals with postage service providers.
[/quote]

The book is used. The amazon book is new. The book also is not rare. If this type of selling is allowed to go unchallenged then it is the not-so-thin end of a wedge that will lead to all sorts of nonsense.

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1439290310' post='2841531']
The book is used. The amazon book is new. The book also is not rare. If this type of selling is allowed to go unchallenged then it is the not-so-thin end of a wedge that will lead to all sorts of nonsense.
[/quote]

Too late, all sorts of nonsense has already happened and has been happening since the invention of commerce. There's nothing to stop this guy selling a book at whatever price he wants to. Whether he'll get that or not remains to be seen. It's a non-issue. When I was an eBay trader back in the day I'd often get idiots sending me messages to the effect of, 'I can buy your product X two quid cheaper at Y'. To which my response was, 'Then why are you bothering me? Go and buy it at Y'. While it's true that describing the book as 'rare' is stretching the truth somewhat, one needs to look at things listed on eBay (or anywhere else) very closely before one commits to buying.

Edited by discreet

The seller is just a chancer - he can advertise it at £150 if he wants - if some mug buys it he's quids in!

There are probably a million items for sale on ebay that people buy in the cheapest shops like poundland, Lidl etc. then put them on ebay for any price :rolleyes: Caveat emptor is the thing to remember ;)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1439289119' post='2841514']
I have a copy that was given to me by John Entwistle, who in turn had been given it by Sting. Unfortunately I can't prove this but it's 100% true.

I'm willing to let it got to a Basschat member for £600 inc postage
[/quote]

I'm willing to pay you a ten pound note,
that was given to me by Eric Clapton,
who had apparently been given it by Bruce Springsteen
who had won it on a scratchcard which Bono had found at Buckingham Palace....

;)

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1439390769' post='2842407']
I'm willing to pay you a ten pound note,
that was given to me by Eric Clapton,
who had apparently been given it by Bruce Springsteen
who had won it on a scratchcard which Bono had found at Buckingham Palace....

;)
[/quote]

Ah, so thats where I lost it. Please PM me for my address so that you can send me my tenner.