Why become a member? ×

What a difference a day makes in Glastonbury....

jonnythenotes

From that bloke who headlined last night, to Lionel Richie....(with a real live band.... ) this evening.. Real music, a real voice, real musicians and hugely entertaining, with no shock your granny language, and humility by the boat load, and I think it's a fair bet he won't try any Queen numbers out... Nice one Lionel and co...

[quote name='jonnythenotes' timestamp='1435514400' post='2809577']
From that bloke who headlined last night, to Lionel Richie....(with a real live band.... ) this evening.. Real music, a real voice, real musicians and hugely entertaining, with no shock your granny language, and humility by the boat load, and I think it's a fair bet he won't try any Queen numbers out... Nice one Lionel and co...
[/quote]

To be fair he could have been swearing like a trooper & the BBC have edited it out - the actual set finished about 2 hours ago.

He is storming it though & he's got the top notch band I hoped Kanye was going to bring with him.

Sunday afternoons at Glastonbury have always been brilliant, I used to go a lot in the 90s & its just a time when loads of people come together to sing along to some classic tunes, the atmosphere is indescribable. My personal favourite was watching Johnny Cash on a sunny afternoon, probably the only gig I've been to where my dad was a bit jealous that I'd seen it & not him.

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1435523390' post='2809711']
He seems to have made an impression!
[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33305940"]http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-33305940[/url]
[/quote]
The organisers screwed up the headline acts BIG time this year (The Who pending) - Lionel should have topped the bill last night, and anyone other than FATM on Friday.

Awesome performance from Lional Ritchie and I thought the songs worked much better with a small band than the full strings/brass studio versions. Highlight of Glastonbury for me, closely followed by Paloma Faith.
Both demonstrated a master class in how to work an audience.

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1435535456' post='2809883']
Highlight of Glastonbury for me, closely followed by Paloma Faith.
Both demonstrated a master class in how to work an audience.
[/quote]
I agree entirely. Although I am old and white and therefore obviously know nuffink. ;)

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1435516085' post='2809614']
Brick House... oh my GOD how funky is that band?? Fantastic stuff.
Anyone else noticed that the bassist has taped over the logos on his bass and his Ampeg rig?
[/quote]

Yep. Anyone knows what it was anyway that white 4 with tort scratchplate? Another one I'm still trying to figure out was the one with Mary J Blige, a red 5 with black scratchplate and ramp.