Why become a member? ×

A rather similar Status

Just found this pair that look very very [s]similar[/s] the same:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Washburn-Status-1000-Series-Headless-Bass-/221773765537?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a2bf1ba1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Washburn-Status-1000-Series-Headless-Bass-Guitar-Red-With-5-Hard-Case/221752978529

One version of it is in Poole, the other in Berkhamstead... Somebody has this bass, somebody else probably doesn't... but who?

:)

The first picture of the one in Poole - the front of the body is identical to the third one (the front of the body) of the one in Berkhamstead. Same for the photo of the back of the bass and the one of it lying on the case with a roll of bubble-wrap visible in the top left corner. Just wondering how it can be in two places at once. The charity hospice auction has more photos but the guy in Poole says he's owned it from new...

Then I wonder whether it's just my browser... or computer... or me...

[quote name='anzoid' timestamp='1431729125' post='2774530']
:)

The first picture of the one in Poole - the front of the body is identical to the third one (the front of the body) of the one in Berkhamstead. Same for the photo of the back of the bass and the one of it lying on the case with a roll of bubble-wrap visible in the top left corner. Just wondering how it can be in two places at once. The charity hospice auction has more photos but the guy in Poole says he's owned it from new...

Then I wonder whether it's just my browser... or computer... or me...
[/quote]

Quantum mechanics says it's possible that particles can be two places at the same time. Perhaps in a few years we will discover that basses can too! :blink:

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1431761692' post='2774635']
Quantum mechanics says it's possible that particles can be two places at the same time. Perhaps in a few years we will discover that basses can too! :blink:
[/quote]
Ad: "Status Quantum - play twice as often!"

I did wonder whether the "original owner" had picked up the bass from the charity shop when he was in Berkhamsted in the hope of flipping it from Poole... but he'd have known about about the shop's eBay listing to get the photos... Maybe we should try and persuade Alcytes to go have a look - curiosity trumps wisdom :D :P :ph34r:

I have asked the guy in Poole who actually has the bass for sale, I will let you know what he comes back with, if you look at the reflection of the photographer in the bass (on both listings) it looks to be a lady with a large bangle on her wrist so they are definitely the same photos

Got the response below from the seller in Poole, it does look legit but a bit naughty using someone elses pictures!

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hi Rog, My bass is pretty much identical in every respect to the other one, and the photo s taken were nearly the same so I used them, but here is one I have just taken so you can see they are virtually identical[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1431809329' post='2775276']
Got the response below from the seller in Poole, it does look legit but a bit naughty using someone elses pictures!

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hi Rog, My bass is pretty much identical in every respect to the other one, and the photo s taken were nearly the same so I used them, but here is one I have just taken so you can see they are virtually identical[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Did he say from whom he'd nicked the new photos..? :mellow:

Annoying when they do that. If you show a picture of another like it, then state it clearly. But, still... how hard is it to take a picture and show it? :rolleyes:

I found a guy once selling a bass like mine... and he showed my pictures! Only I had customised my bass... I put a preamp in and had 5 controls instead of 4, and the hardware was black when the original was gold. So I contacted him asking whether the bass he had for sale was the one shown. He replied it was just like it. I had to ask a second time before he admitted that ok, the hardware looked different. Then I asked about what the extra knob was for, as I had only ever seen those basses with 4 knobs. THEN he posted pictures of his bass, probably thinking I was never going to stop asking questions. At that point I came clean, telling him the pictures were mine and the bass was right beside me... :lol:
Idiot.

New pics up on the Poole seller's bass - still looks like a red Washburn Status - just the right one now :)

I think Roger2611 did eBayers a service (probably should have just done what you did Roger rather than starting a thread...) - maybe others will take note.