Why become a member? ×

Magic bass cupboard

Roland Rock

Mrs S is luckily, very understanding :)

Double bass in the lounge (she says the place looks empty when I'm out gigging it!)
Ashton battery powered busking amp in the lounge too (small and fits under table-unit-type-thingy)
Bass guitar also in lounge! (for noodling, rehearsing with MP3 / Cds)

EUB in spare / box room
Basses under bed, plus fretless in corner of bedroom!
Amp gear in garage (2x10 combo, 4x5 cab PJ Valve head, plus 200W 1x10 combo)

Gosh, as I'm typing this, I realise just how lucky I am :)

Mind you, she's quite a hoarder with it
Not hundreds of pairs of shoes, but quite a few
And she has 3 double wardrobes and a trunk full of clothes (plus plastic storage boxes under bed)
and in the garage, alongside my amp gear, she has what I can only describe
as baskets full of dead twigs, which have been sprayed gold....

I've never figured out what these are for, and they can't be "decorative" because they're essentially in a very big cupboard
But if she complains about my stuff, I always reply "When are you going to do something with your dead twigs then?"
I'm not quite sure what her reply is, as I never quite catch it all ;)

[quote name='urbanx' timestamp='1431435064' post='2771279']
My missus entrusted me to "Get a cabinet for the hallway"
The look on her face as I wheeled the 4x10 in....
[/quote]

I don't see how she can possibly complain about it. A cabinet is a cabinet, surely..? :huh:

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1431435485' post='2771285']
I made a bass cupboard out of the space which was vacated by the water tanks when we changed to a combi boiler.
[/quote]

I bet that took the pressure off. God, I'm even appalling myself...

It's odd the things partners seem to take exception to... Mrs C is very patient with the amps, cabs and basses in the living room but the other day she was outraged with my cab covers being in the spare room (that we basically use for junk anyway). They now reside in an attractive wicker basket under the bed... apparentely that's where they should have been all along :blink:

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1431435485' post='2771285']
I made a bass cupboard out of the space which was vacated by the water tanks when we changed to a combi boiler:

Thinking of putting a shelf above to put small bass related items on. Phase 2!
[/quote]

That's not a bass cupboard. That's a bass wardrobe!

I used to put it in the front room that wasn't used much but the mrs nicked it for a work room. Then it went in the back room but she went German on me as I was using the spot for the dogs bed! Under the stairs then? No wasn't practical for her. Eventually, I finally got some heating in the conservatory that has a small back room attached. Ah ha! What could possibly go wrong? She wanted a downstairs toilet in there! It's now in the conservatory itself and the basses hang on the landing wall.

Hopefully she can overlook a Barefaced Midget, a TC head and a briefcase! No doubt the saga will continue though....

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1431435507' post='2771288']
I don't see how she can possibly complain about it. A cabinet is a cabinet, surely..? :huh:
[/quote]

She barely notices nowadays...
[url="http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/urbanxphotography3/media/photo_zpsbpajulsl.jpg.html"][/url]

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]She barely notices nowadays...[/font][/color]
[url="http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/urbanxphotography3/media/photo_zpsbpajulsl.jpg.html"][/url][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
[/quote]

that's terrible!!!

Tulips should be in a straight vase and they should be black to match the tolex. :ph34r:

I've got 99% of my kit stashed away, there is a shelving unit in the spare bedroom that has the bass cabs, a couple of 2x12 guitar combo's and my acoustic amp on, all behind a nice curtain, the cupboard on the landing has another couple of guitar amps and the PA desk, then the study (my Den) has a big double height rack with all the instruments in their cases, there are always a couple out on stands in the study for practice.

the only instrument on display is my McIlroy acoustic guitar which is on a hanger in the living room. (actually bought this while out shopping for the wall hanger for my old Yamaha acoustic! went in to spend 15 quid, end up spending nearly 2k!)

Matt