Why become a member? ×

DUE WARNING.

Jazzneck

I Hereby Give Due Warning.

I am going to see Eric Clapton at the RHA on Thursday 21st. May 2015.

I will be taking my walking stick as I'm getting a bit doddery on my pins.

Anyone who attempts to film any part of the concert on their mobile phone, tablet or any other recording device which results in a lit screen being in my line of sight to the stage can expect a very hard belt round the back of the head from my stick.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

[quote name='verb' timestamp='1430205403' post='2758798']
Have you considered a pea shooter for those neerdowells out of arm/stick range?
[/quote]

Yes, and after testing various systems I have decided to attach an underslung RPG launcher to my walking stick for this eventuality.

Edited by Jazzneck

I've got a mate who works for one of those 'hush hush mad scientist' type places, evidently he can build a device that creates a limited range EMP with nothing more than a microwave oven (though evidently the microwave isn't much use afterwards...)

I think there could be a market for the 'personal EMP device' just imagine frying all the smartphones in a 50m radius, would improve the live experience for all no doubt.

Edited by redbandit599

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1430204305' post='2758787']
I Hereby Give Due Warning.

I am going to see Eric Clapton at the RHA on Thursday 21st. May 2015.

Anyone who attempts to film any part of the concert on their mobile phone, tablet or any other recording device which results in a lit screen being in my line of sight to the stage can expect a very hard belt round the back of the head from my stick.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
[/quote]

Nice and aggresive there.

If you belted me round the head for taking a photo at a gig you would be having to extract said stick pieces from where the sun don't shine pretty quickly.

Altenatively you could ask the person to stop ruining the gig for you nicely and/or get a steward to have a word.

The whacking with a stick will probably get you chucked out if caught as well.

All IMO, YMMV, etc

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1430220162' post='2759037']
No smileys in your post so I can't tell if you are being ironic.... I really hope you are? :)
[/quote]

'Course I'm being ironic (at this stage). :rolleyes:
If I was serious I would call in a full Apache strike with flechettes and hellfires, so they better not push their luck. ;)

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1430216865' post='2758974']
I think you'll be disappointed. I don't know who's playing at the RHA that night, but Clapton is playing at the RAH!.
[/quote]

Thanks for the warning, Count.
I would have made myself look even more stupid than you think I am.

[quote name='Noisyjon' timestamp='1430218685' post='2759016']
Altenatively you could ask the person to stop ruining the gig for you nicely and/or get a steward to have a word.
[/quote]
How does one ruin a gig nicely?

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1430204305' post='2758787']

[/quote]

I remember seeing Eric Clapton at the RAH, probably about 25 years ago now. Went with a few mates, and a friend of a friend who I'd met a few times before. Sadly, by the time I bought my ticket I could only get one for right up in the gallery, where I knew the sound would be a bit suspect.

The friend of a friend was a nice bloke, a little unsteady on his feet and always walked with a stick the few times I met him. He offered us a lift - we were travelling from Didcot. "Where are you going to park?" I asked - "Ah, don't worry about that", he said.

The day arrived, we jumped in his car, drove up to London and parked in a disabled space right outside the RAH. I'd not noticed the disabled badge in his windscreen. That's handy, I thought.

"Can one of you do me a favour and get my wheelchair out of the boot" he said...

We did, and we helped wheel him to his perfect line of sight spot in the stalls where he enjoyed the show and afterward informed me that the view was brilliant and the sound excellent.

I should add that he was genuinely registered disabled, so was enjoying one of the few benefits that comes with the territory.

[quote name='Gottastopbuyinggear' timestamp='1430308958' post='2760072']
I remember seeing Eric Clapton at the RAH, probably about 25 years ago now. Went with a few mates, and a friend of a friend who I'd met a few times before. Sadly, by the time I bought my ticket I could only get one for right up in the gallery, where I knew the sound would be a bit suspect.

The friend of a friend was a nice bloke, a little unsteady on his feet and always walked with a stick the few times I met him. He offered us a lift - we were travelling from Didcot. "Where are you going to park?" I asked - "Ah, don't worry about that", he said.

The day arrived, we jumped in his car, drove up to London and parked in a disabled space right outside the RAH. I'd not noticed the disabled badge in his windscreen. That's handy, I thought.

"Can one of you do me a favour and get my wheelchair out of the boot" he said...

We did, and we helped wheel him to his perfect line of sight spot in the stalls where he enjoyed the show and afterward informed me that the view was brilliant and the sound excellent.

I should add that he was genuinely registered disabled, so was enjoying one of the few benefits that comes with the territory.
[/quote]Here was me thinking you were going to say he was the best dancer you have ever seen