Why become a member? ×

consistent finger sores

dave74200

How much do you play?! if you give it time to heal and use a plectrum in the meantime will the sore come back as soon as you use your fingers again?

I went through a stage of playing non-stop not so long back and my fingers become quite sore,
I wrapped a plaster around my fingers, which was an ok temp fix.. but it didn't feel right - i prefer the skin on string feel!

It could also come down to your strings, ever considered anything smoother? flatwound for example

Alex

If it's friction from the strings causing the sore then super-gluing the end of your fingertips helps a tonne.
Cover the problem areas, let it dry and it'll create a hard coating for your fingers... simple yet effective! ;)

I'd let your current sore heal first before doing this though! :)

Edited by Sammers

A word of warning... Because I was a young teenager into electronics when I started playing bass, the tips of the fingers on my right hand were eternally injured in one way or another, so I started using a pick. I have been a pick player, pretty much exclusively, ever since. The problem with that is that you will get looked down upon by huge swathes of the bass playing community and considered a failed guitarist (despite bass being my first and main instrument).

Consider yourself warned!!

• 4 weeks later...