Why become a member? ×

NBD! Aria SB1000B

Clarky72

Just arrived from Japan 30 mins ago....

Beautiful grain, super fast delivery and an unbeatable price!!

I bought it direct from Japan and had it shipped here, all at less than half the UK retail price even after customs charges. I picked the one I wanted from their warehouse with the nicest grain pattern I could find.

It plays beautifully, albeit acoustically only at the moment as I'm in the office. It's a lot lighter than my 1984 SB1000 and the tapered neck is a nice change.

Edited by Clarky72

This is where I and a friend have bought them from. Excellent customer service, fast turnaround, cannot fault them. Oh, and over a grand cheaper than buying retail in the UK :)

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/chuya-online/item/90658/

[quote name='Raggy' timestamp='1428581907' post='2742638']
That Sir, is a beauty :)

You've got me thinking about one now!!!

(And that's coming from someone who only likes black and maple Precision basses)
[/quote]

:) I love my Fenders, but this is a thing of beauty, and faultless build quality!

[quote name='AntLockyer' timestamp='1428583452' post='2742675']
Lovely, played my original one for a 3 hour gig yesterday, made me wonder why it was up for sale.
[/quote]

Don't sell it!

[quote name='AntLockyer' timestamp='1428666788' post='2743554']
It does sound nice (shame about the playing)

[url="https://youtu.be/6kOoLfGHh3w"]https://youtu.be/6kOoLfGHh3w[/url]
[/quote]

Don't do yourself down Ant - there isn't a lot of wiggle room in that one. You were providing the structure - the Strat player wasn't paying attention (or didn't know it) :D

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive the inquisitiveness but what's the string spacing at the bridge and nut width - if it's not too much trouble? I'm hoping in a perverse way that the nut's going to be wider than about 42mm so I can dismiss it as too wide for my teeny weeny, middle aged hands...

[quote name='Bass Culture' timestamp='1430247508' post='2759532']
Forgive the inquisitiveness but what's the string spacing at the bridge and nut width - if it's not too much trouble? I'm hoping in a perverse way that the nut's going to be wider than about 42mm so I can dismiss it as too wide for my teeny weeny, middle aged hands...
[/quote]

I believe its 18/19mm spacing (can't remember exactly) and 38mm Jazz width at the nut... sorry!! :P