Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Magazine - Column about Basschat

Silvia Bluejay

I liked the BC column as usual. Nice writing, Sylvia. I like your picture on the first couple of editions. It was eye catching and hopefully drew people in. I agree it's not really needed now. At least not such a big pic - a small headshot would be nice though.

I struggled with the font and background colour combination. Not very easy for a long-sighted git! :D

• 1 month later...

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1442164402' post='2864811']
Any Subscribers had the September Issue yet, I've not seen mine and wonder if it's out yet?
[/quote]Yeah, it's got an article/interview with Mark King amongst others.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1442241908' post='2865416']
I just look at the pictures....
[/quote]

LOOL!! My photo is back with my article - I'm smaller than before but there again! - and the gear-ogling factor in the rest of the mag is high, as usual. :D

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1442242158' post='2865421']
LOOL!! My photo is back with my article - I'm smaller than before but there again! - and the gear-ogling factor in the rest of the mag is high, as usual. :D
[/quote]

I always read your column :)

I'm looking forward to next months issue as there is a review of my bass in it... hope they didn't hate it :blink:

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1442242369' post='2865424']
The new issue should hit our doormats around 21st. I'm looking forward to reading about your bass - which one is it?
[/quote]

It's the Ziricote Wal... they sent someone round to review it a while ago and I got an email from Joel a couple of weeks back saying it would be in the next issue.

I'd be interested to see what they make of it, filter preamps take a bit of getting used to and the reviewer only had an hour or so with it.

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1427800226' post='2734324']
People posting on a public website getting concerned about being quoted in a magazine. And we're all hiding behind silly names anyway. Relax
[/quote]

This.

Recycling content is as old as newspapers. Actually older, now that i think of the Old Testament. :)

Everybody is crazy for content atm and will take it from wherever. My big beef is about quality newspapers quoting tweets.
The BGM possibility opens up a whole new competitive arena for BC posters - who can get the most outrageous statements past Bluejay and into the mag. I'm going to try a secret code. :D

Now, those of you who read the mag will have noticed that I'm not forever quoting bits of forum posts, right? I do write my own copy. Whenever I quote verbatim from here, I ask for permission from the poster, although strictly speaking I am not required by any law to do that.

*sets up a modern version of Enigma and awaits Fatback's next post(s)* :lol: :P