Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Steve Harris West Ham colours in coming, photos now added on page 3

police squad

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1426867139' post='2722937']
I'll keep you posted Drax. I've got a mid 70s P bass and I love the neck on that.
I love big necks anyway.
Roll on tomorrow
[/quote]

Keep us all posted Martin.
I think, if the neck really is big dimensions, I might just bow out of my order with Thomann, as I know it will become an ornament, then an expensive loss.
Wonder if PMT Manchester are getting them in????

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1426868552' post='2722961']
Wonder if PMT Manchester are getting them in????
[/quote]

I seem to recall someone on here works at PMT Manchester? Maybe he could enlighten us.

Edit: Forget that - I was thinking of Dawsons in Manchester. Maybe they're getting one in?

Edited by mr zed

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1426868552' post='2722961']
I think, if the neck really is big dimensions, I might just bow out of my order with Thomann...
[/quote]

I was going to say something about this (knowing of your proclivities) but didn't want you to think I was doing so just because I don't particularly like the bass! Especially since the forum seems to be quite short-tempered today... is it something to do with the eclipse, d'you think..? :D

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1426875513' post='2723051']
I was going to say something about this (knowing of your proclivities) but didn't want you to think I was doing so just because I don't particularly like the bass! Especially since the forum seems to be quite short-tempered today... is it something to do with the eclipse, d'you think..? :D
[/quote]

[s]Shut your festering gob you vacuous toffee nosed malodorous pervert. You sit there on your loathsome spotted behind[/s]

Nah, never gets short tempered on here discreet.
If I do get one, might be a tortie plate :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1426852418' post='2722689']

Interesting thought.
I have sold all my US Fenders and my Rick 4004 and ONLY gig my 2 Mex Fenders listed below.
BECAUSE BOTH are fabulous gigging basses.
Your comment is one that has bored the tits off me for years now and really your are just looking for a bit of attention.
Well, ya got it.
[/quote]

Such a harsh response to a simple question. Why?

Edited by chief_mclean

[quote name='chief_mclean' timestamp='1426892313' post='2723296']

Such a harsh response to a simple question. Why?
[/quote]

If it's any of your business....

The thread (I guess) was set up as a celebration of anticipation.
It wasn't set up for somebody to derail with the usual monthly opinionated bollocks of "All Mex are sh*te".
It's unnecessary trolling. He could have deleted his loaded question, chose not to, and invited what you would call a harsh response.
Your questioning of me is also a derail. PM me if you have anything to say.
Karl.

Think it was done on 'Arrys request, and the bass was delayed as getting the licence from West Ham took a very long time, as those license are hard to get, and expensive and slow to deal with as Footie clubs are pretty bad for that stuff.

The logo is painted on and finished over, not a sticker, I "believe"? (Someone clarify? Could be wrong on that!)

I was hoping to get this from Andertons too, but they only got one in stock and "Police Squad" beat me too it :(
They're not now due in stock again at Andertons until the end of May and GAK until August, apparently Fender have completely sold out!

Thomman have them due early April for nearly £100 cheaper than UK prices, but I've never ordered from there before and am a bit reluctant to order something so expensive from another country where I can't easily take it back.

Looks like its a waiting game.....

[quote name='markbunney' timestamp='1426954944' post='2723991']
I was hoping to get this from Andertons too, but they only got one in stock and "Police Squad" beat me too it :(
They're not now due in stock again at Andertons until the end of May and GAK until August, apparently Fender have completely sold out!

Thomman have them due early April for nearly £100 cheaper than UK prices, but I've never ordered from there before and am a bit reluctant to order something so expensive from another country where I can't easily take it back.

Looks like its a waiting game.....
[/quote]

FWIW - Thomann return policy has been excellent when I've used it