Why become a member? ×

First gig - looking, um, glum, really...

Johnm93

[quote]First gig - looking, um, glum, really...[/quote]

Quite understandable; that's the freshness of youth. You'll find, as you get on in years, that you'll lighten up, with a peaceful, reassuring 'senior' allure. Patience and perseverance are the key.
As I often say...
'It's the first 40 years that are the worst, after which things start to get (slightly...) better.'
There, that's enough encouragement for now, lad. :mellow:

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1425589401' post='2708965']
Thats the correct look for the bassist, nailed it I'd say.
[/quote]

Thanks...!
We did an open Mic night in Brixton on Tuesday and I actually waved when the room clapped.
Progress...

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1425597212' post='2709055']
Nice!

Looks like a cool room. Hope those tall ceilings weren't too much of a sound issue.

Blue
[/quote]

The sound was actually very good, according to the people I spoke to afterwards.
All the kit was top stuff, but the important ingredient was the house sound guy - really knows his stuff...

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1425589693' post='2708970']
I wouldn't worry about it. I always look somewhat depressive, even when on stage. Not long ago had someone should "Cheer the f*ck up mate!" mid song.
[/quote]

Mrs Zero gestured at me to smile when I was depping with the old band recently. You can see how well that worked:

I'm glad this is recognised as the standard 'mean and moody' bass player look.

When my current band started gigging last year, the comment from our singers relatives in the audience was 'why does your bass player look like he's going to jump off stage and hit somebody at any moment?'

Over the years I've always struggled to successfully incorporate any kind of 'smiling' type look. Guitarists seem to manage it better 😉