Why become a member? ×

Control knobs don't stay on amp!

Jenny_Innie

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1426072098' post='2713966']
But not as much volume as the spec would suggest ;-)
[/quote]

:lol: pretty good...!!

FWIW, I've played a 750 and it put the volume out there... and who can tell what such and such
watts really is supposed to mean.
All I ask is is it loud enough in that regard?
I was less convinced with the sound when I went back to try it again, tho.. so I lost interest.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1426073012' post='2713989']
:lol: pretty good...!!

FWIW, I've played a 750 and it put the volume out there... and who can tell what such and such
watts really is supposed to mean.
All I ask is is it loud enough in that regard?
I was less convinced with the sound when I went back to try it again, tho.. so I lost interest.
[/quote]

There's more to bass notes than volume, innit. :-)

For the final 7 years of my teaching career I taught in a girl's school, and they would tell me about the harassment that they would get from men..... and it made me ashamed for my sex! 13 year old girls should be able to sit at Reading train station at midday without a middle-aged man sitting next to them and asking "d'you want to play hunt the sausage?" This sort of abuse was regular!

[quote name='ColinB' timestamp='1426078244' post='2714087']
For the final 7 years of my teaching career I taught in a girl's school, and they would tell me about the harassment that they would get from men..... and it made me ashamed for my sex!
[/quote]

I'm not ashamed of being a man... being a tosser makes someone sexist not being a man. Same as being white doesnt make you a racist... being a moron does.

[quote name='jfinkle' timestamp='1426161756' post='2715043']
Casual misogyny, nice.
[/quote]

I've just re-read the entire thread and I am struggling to find any examples of misogyny. Misplaced and mis-judged attempts at humour, yes - and apologies for some of that...

Would you care to elaborate on your rather brief but condemnatory comment?

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1426163086' post='2715060']
being a tosser makes someone sexist not being a man. Same as being white doesnt make you a racist... being a moron does.
[/quote]

Sometimes people who are neither tossers not morons make bad judgement calls, and behave (inadvertently) in a manner that can be interpreted as sexist or racist.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1426164633' post='2715089']
Sometimes people who are neither tossers not morons make bad judgement calls, and behave (inadvertently) in a manner that can be interpreted as sexist or racist.
[/quote]

Yes sorry, after reading that back it does look accusatory. I can assure you it was a general comment and definitely not aimed as anyone in this thread.

and I make bad judegment calls all the time... my last post is possibly a prime example.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1426164459' post='2715086']
I've just re-read the entire thread and I am struggling to find any examples of misogyny. Misplaced and mis-judged attempts at humour, yes - and apologies for some of that...

Would you care to elaborate on your rather brief but condemnatory comment?
[/quote]

jfinkle would appear to have been banned since posting that comment, so you may not get that elaboration. I'm hoping that the ban is due to some behaviour that's not obvious via their posts, otherwise it would seem a rather heavy-handed reaction from the mods!

Edited by Beer of the Bass

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1426165890' post='2715115']
Yes sorry, after reading that back it does look accusatory. I can assure you it was a general comment and definitely not aimed as anyone in this thread.

and I make bad judegment calls all the time... my last post is possibly a prime example.
[/quote]

Don't worry - no offence taken! :)

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1426166122' post='2715123']
jfinkle would appear to have been banned since posting that comment, so you may not get that elaboration.
[/quote]

:o :huh: :blink:

Was it something I said? :mellow:

jfinkle would appear to have been banned since posting that comment, so you may not get that elaboration. I'm hoping that the ban is due to some behaviour that's not obvious via their posts, otherwise it would seem a rather heavy-handed reaction from the mods!
[/quote]
When I saw his comment I wondered if it might be from a previously banned member, it was too familiar, if you see what I mean. If it was, then that would explain it.

[/quote]

It was me that administered the ban, for different reasons than this thread though :)

Shall we draw a line under this thread now?

The OP has sorted the problem with her finger operated control devices and we've strayed well away from Amp & Cabs and firmly into Off Topic. Feel free to continue in there if you wish

Cheers

Dave

Edited by davehux