Jump to content
Ulas Engin

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

Yep, I’m aware of that, but the glue on the truss mentioned earlier was unfortunate.

Can’t seem to find which post you’re talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One lemon out of a good bunch, unfortunate indeed. Touch wood, my Maru is top notch and hope it stays that way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ian McFly said:

One lemon out of a good bunch, unfortunate indeed. 

There have been a few more in this thread, but generally fairly good if you don't have to try and get something fixed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trend I’ve seen is that the faulty truss rods happened on necks without the carbon rods.... hence why I have them on mine and will get them on my next one too. 
 

Worse comes to worse, this is a problem that can be fixed. Maruszczyk can build a new neck (granted it’s bolt on), even at some cost for you (a pain in the hoop, I admit, but if you love the bass that much, you’d pay it if they can’t agree to a compromise.... I would). Or a local tech can replace it for you. 
 

What I mean is that a messed up truss doesn’t mean the bass is good for landfill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ian McFly said:

The trend I’ve seen is that the faulty truss rods happened on necks without the carbon rods.... hence why I have them on mine and will get them on my next one too. 

If the truss rods don't work without carbon rods (which would be odd as most people don't have them on basses), they shouldn't come without them.

1 hour ago, Ian McFly said:

a pain in the hoop, I admit, but if you love the bass that much, you’d pay it if they can’t agree to a compromise.... I would

I wouldn't pay a manufacturer to get another neck if the neck failed due to their issues in the first place, however much I loved the bass!

1 hour ago, Ian McFly said:

What I mean is that a messed up truss doesn’t mean the bass is good for landfill. 

No, clearly not, just a lot less value than it had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the feel that a lot of problems with the truss rod come because it is not considered or forgotten that the truss rod works the opposite way on Maruszczyk basses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

If the truss rods don't work without carbon rods (which would be odd as most people don't have them on basses), they shouldn't come without them.

I wouldn't pay a manufacturer to get another neck if the neck failed due to their issues in the first place, however much I loved the bass!

No, clearly not, just a lot less value than it had.

How can one prove that a truss rod issue is a manufacturing issue? And not the consequence of some mis-usage? It is impossible, it’s usually your word against theirs.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ian McFly said:

How can one prove that a truss rod issue is a manufacturing issue? And not the consequence of some mis-usage? It is impossible, it’s usually your word against theirs.... 

You assume serious truss rod fails early on are so rare for any manufacturer they will fix on goodwill, not debate blame with their customer.  

*Not saying Maruszczyk don’t do this btw, have not trawled past examples 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Drax said:

You assume serious truss rod fails early on are so rare for any manufacturer they will fix on goodwill, not debate blame with their customer.  

*Not saying Maruszczyk don’t do this btw, have not trawled past examples 

Even if we had dozens of documented failures, we'd need to compare them to the failure rate of another manufacturer to do a fair comparison (we'd need an idea of sales vs. breakages for both). I think yee are right about reinforced necks - takes some of the unpredictability of wood out of the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ian McFly said:

How can one prove that a truss rod issue is a manufacturing issue? And not the consequence of some mis-usage? It is impossible, it’s usually your word against theirs.... 

True, although that can be said for many things, how can I prove my ibanez headstock split on its own and I didn't just heat it up and put a chisel in it? Luckily I didn't. However, in this case there is glue on the threads. OK it is possible the user did that afterwards but unlikely. - some times you just have to go on likelyhood.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proof that we are listened to; from Facebook 

 

DA177276-14D4-44B1-975A-2BB0D87C2648.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll take all the credit, I’m the one who brought it up here and on TB recently :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ian McFly said:

I’ll take all the credit, I’m the one who brought it up here and on TB recently :D

And rightly so. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Yeah, but who posted this? :D

You can share the kudos too (so needy 😂).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I’ll share the credits with you mate.... although, would you have posted that pic if I hadn’t mentioned matte metallic finishes? :D

Anyways, I’m glad that Adrian went from “what’s the point, doesn’t look good”, to making it an official option available for everyone to choose. As I said, I might not even go for it (booooo) but at least I know it’s there, on the configurator. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...