Jump to content
Ulas Engin

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, ClassicVibes said:

Does anyone know the current lead time?

 

I ordered mine on Feb 12th and it arrived on Apr 30th

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rasher80 said:

I ordered mine on Feb 12th and it arrived on Apr 30th

 

That's good! I remember they had a period when lead times were a bit longer and they were moving to another wrkshop etc. I thought they were getting busier and that it was the end of the 10-week wait. It looks like it's still very similar. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi all,

Great to see this Maruszczyk thread going well!

Thinking of getting one of these basses but just want to ask whether it was easy to send the bass back if there’s a fault with it? Sorry to sound negative but as I was browsing through the pages I noticed a few people had issues with their orders (bad neck, cheap screws and forgotten options are the ones I read). As you all agree £1,500k+ is quite an investment so just wondering if it was easy to communicate and send the bass back if any fault. It’s not like I can just pick up the phone and call a place I ordered from in UK.

For the people who had a dodgy bass, did they cover the shipping back to Poland?

Thanks

Edited by erisu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mcnach said:

 

That's good! I remember they had a period when lead times were a bit longer and they were moving to another wrkshop etc. I thought they were getting busier and that it was the end of the 10-week wait. It looks like it's still very similar. 

 

 

Adrian quoted me 12-15 weeks initially but around halfway into it I received an email saying the custom shop was closed to new orders but existing orders were to be completed. This may or may not have helped to speed the build up.

Even still it's an impressive turnaround for a custom instrument

Edited by rasher80
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, erisu said:

Hi all,

Great to see this Maruszczyk thread going well!

Thinking of getting one of these basses but just want to ask whether it was easy to send the bass back if there’s a fault with it? Sorry to sound negative but as I was browsing through the pages I noticed a few people had issues with their orders (bad neck, cheap screws and forgotten options are the ones I read). As you all agree £1,500k+ is quite an investment so just wondering if it was easy to communicate and send the bass back if any fault. It’s not like I can just pick up the phone and call a place I ordered from in UK.

For the people who had a dodgy bass, did they cover the shipping back to Poland?

Thanks

Depending where you are, I believe Adrian has an arrangement with some bass outlets to carry out repairs if required (The Gallery did some work on a new Jake for someone I know).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, erisu said:

Hi all,

Great to see this Maruszczyk thread going well!

Thinking of getting one of these basses but just want to ask whether it was easy to send the bass back if there’s a fault with it? Sorry to sound negative but as I was browsing through the pages I noticed a few people had issues with their orders (bad neck, cheap screws and forgotten options are the ones I read). As you all agree £1,500k+ is quite an investment so just wondering if it was easy to communicate and send the bass back if any fault. It’s not like I can just pick up the phone and call a place I ordered from in UK.

For the people who had a dodgy bass, did they cover the shipping back to Poland?

Thanks

FWIW, I've got no complaints about mine. The fit and finish is flawless and it sounds and plays great. 

As an aside, thanks to @wateroftyne for advice on the pickups. I'm glad I opted for the Maruszczyk HB over the Haeussel stacked J at the bridge. I love how in your face it is!! 

I was playing it this morning and actually found me dialling in a lot of the HB over the P pickup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, erisu said:

 I noticed a few people had issues with their orders (bad neck, cheap screws and forgotten options are the ones I read). As you all agree £1,500k+ is quite an investment so just wondering if it was easy to communicate and send the bass back if any fault.

I was one mentioning the cheap screws. I didn't send mine back  although I did talk to him about it. I replaced the broken screws myself anyway, I wouldn't have sent a bass back for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ClassicVibes said:

Still, for a bass of that cost.

Yeh, wasn't too impressed with that. Although cheaper then than now as I got it 3.5 years ago so I paid for half of it at the pre-brexit cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst not defending any less than ‘quality’ craftsmanship, I think it should remembered that instruments of this level from other sources (not just the US) are quite a bit more moolah. I guess that, in addition to the location of the  factory, some cheaper components is how the cost is kept down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had forgotten how much fun is the configurator. I don’t need more basses but I would like to have one like this one with me. 

A9C50094-5FDA-40C9-B7DD-C390B6E0A0B2.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aguacollas said:

I had forgotten how much fun is the configurator. I don’t need more basses but I would like to have one like this one with me. 

A9C50094-5FDA-40C9-B7DD-C390B6E0A0B2.jpeg

Nice. I bet the final total for that was a bit eye watering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ezbass said:

Whilst not defending any less than ‘quality’ craftsmanship, I think it should remembered that instruments of this level from other sources (not just the US) are quite a bit more moolah. I guess that, in addition to the location of the  factory, some cheaper components is how the cost is kept down.

Not sure about that, there are literally 10 screws on it, not sure there are big savings to be had there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aguacollas said:

I had forgotten how much fun is the configurator. I don’t need more basses but I would like to have one like this one with me. 

A9C50094-5FDA-40C9-B7DD-C390B6E0A0B2.jpeg

I configured one almost exactly like that, but with a darker neck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aguacollas said:

I had forgotten how much fun is the configurator. I don’t need more basses but I would like to have one like this one with me. 

A9C50094-5FDA-40C9-B7DD-C390B6E0A0B2.jpeg

Ooooh feck. That is very nice....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Not sure about that, there are literally 10 screws on it, not sure there are big savings to be had there

The standard bridges have also come in for some criticism in the past (not from me) and the standard pots and knobs probably aren't quite premium either. A penny here, a penny there, etc. 

To be clear, I haven't had any issues with the hardware on my three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ezbass said:

The standard bridges have also come in for some criticism in the past (not from me) and the standard pots and knobs probably aren't quite premium either. A penny here, a penny there, etc. 

The bridge is fine, the knobs are also fine, although I wouldn't really complain about the knobs anyway, if they are poor I can change them without a risk of damage to the bass!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, aguacollas said:

2800€ Final price on the configurator 

 

 

A9C50094-5FDA-40C9-B7DD-C390B6E0A0B2.jpeg

Edited by aguacollas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like playing on the configurator, selecting the most expensive options each time, just to see how ridiculously expensive / garishly pimped up I can get it...no intention of buying, but it idles some lockdown time away...🙄🤪

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always end up configuring a headless frog, but as they don't have multiscale and I have the ibbby ehb, not really much need to do that any more.

Would still quite alike a multiscale version of the elwood L that I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ezbass said:

Whilst not defending any less than ‘quality’ craftsmanship, I think it should remembered that instruments of this level from other sources (not just the US) are quite a bit more moolah. I guess that, in addition to the location of the  factory, some cheaper components is how the cost is kept down.

 

There are places to cut down costs, and places where you don't. It's not a multimillion instrument operation, the savings are not that significant. Hell, charge me an extra tenner and use screws that are not an alloy of iron and cheese.

I enjoyed my three Maruszczyks (now down to just one), and those screws were insanely bad. I broke off a pickup mounting screw without much effort: I started applying force and it was hard, then gently started to give way... only it wasn't being unscrewed, it was the screw being twisted, and it quickly sheared off leaving me to remove the bit of screw with a lot of swearing.

Really, Maruszczyk, you make some really cool instruments, don't spoil it for the sake of a few pennies.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ezbass said:

The standard bridges have also come in for some criticism in the past (not from me) and the standard pots and knobs probably aren't quite premium either. A penny here, a penny there, etc. 

To be clear, I haven't had any issues with the hardware on my three.

 

Pots are not the best, standard tuners and bridge I can see they're not top dollar items, but they do the job (only had one with standard hardware, basses 2 and 3 I specified different hardware). I really have no issue at all with any of these... but screws... ugh. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mcnach said:

There are places to cut down costs, and places where you don't. It's not a multimillion instrument operation, the savings are not that significant. Hell, charge me an extra tenner and use screws that are not an alloy of iron and cheese.

...

Really, Maruszczyk, you make some really cool instruments, don't spoil it for the sake of a few pennies.

Yes, exactly the same here. I paid €1430 for mine. If the question had been would you pay €1440 and not have spend an afternoon hoping that your friend who had a clue about woodwork would be able to get the remains of the strap lock screw without too much damage because you wanted to put strap locks on and didn't realise you weren't supposed to use a screwdriver on the screws as they were just decorative,  I would say, yeh, sure!

Seriously, it is a lovely instrument and that sort of thing puts a cloud over it. It wouldn't have happened on an ACG or similar, and my ACG was cheaper than that.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've been tinkering with my Elwood L fretless of late. I added clear scratchplate some time ago, but recently made that into a tort one by adding some thin celluloid behind the p/g. I've also added a DIY thumb rest made from dowel and painted with nail varnish.

 

IMG_1678.JPG

 

I've started to notice a tiny, tiny ridge between the neck and fingerboard; I guess the ebony has shrunk a tad. Doesn't affect the playability, I just know it's there. Still love this bass and it is definitely my go to. Weighs next to nothing (3.2k IIRC).

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...