Why become a member? ×

NCD Barefaced BB2 & a question if i may

artisan

so my Big Baby 2 arrived this morning, i am well impressed with both the build quality & just how light this cab is,i walked home at lunch time carrying it with no problem.
i had a quick very quiet play through it during my lunch break but had to be very quiet so as not to upset the neighbours,which leads me to my question.

at very low volume the crossover doesn't seem to do much & i won't get chance to crank it up until my next gig
is this normal ?
will it have more effect at high volume ?

cheers

Edited by artisan

I`ve found that with my Super 12 that when playing on my own, changing the tweeter settings doesn`t seem to have much impact on the sound, but when in the mix the difference it makes is very noticeable. Not spiky highs or anything like that, just a much better definition to the sound. Plus, as yours is new it probably needs to be "run in" for a bit as well.

Mine makes quite a difference playing solo. Try putting an ipod thru it if you can - turn the tweeter dial up to the max and then back it off to hear the change. If i back it off a quarter turn there is a big drop in high end. That'll confirm if its working ok.

[quote name='Kirky' timestamp='1421391211' post='2660623']
Looking forward to hearing this, when's the next Doghouse Doctors gig?
[/quote]
Hi,the next local gig is Feb 14th at the cross keys k'boro
We are playing at the myrtle tavern in Leeds on Jan 31st if you fancy that one.
if you do come please say hello

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='funky8884' timestamp='1423338807' post='2683747']
I had a play with this set up the other day and found the Crossover quite sensitive, I was giving the cab loads of level. Wish I had more time to mess about with it.

[/quote]

I'd imagine that does sound [i]rather[/i] tasty. Is it a monster sound ?

and..... apologies for the gentle thread highjack

Edited by essexbasscat

Hi Essex, as you can see the treble was backed off , Bass wound up and the Master was cooking ! its sounds lovely and clean with a lot of body and a stupid amount of Bass !!!
I have found with the buster that I would need 2 cabs to gig with as a single 12 or 15 never cut it live ( drummer was never super loud and guitars were 1 x 12" )
I would love to try the Buster with 2 off these or similar.