Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='Floyd Pepper' timestamp='1333560059' post='1603612']
Question for all you Status experts.
When I originally posted these pictures, there was some debate as to whether this was a Series II as it had been sold to me or that it was possibly a Matrix body.
As I coming to the decision to possibly move it on, I just wanted to make sure that I sold it on correctly.
Can anyone confirm?
Thanks,
Jim
[/quote]

I don't think it's a Series II or a newer S2 Classic. It could be a Matrix but it has humbuckers and 4 knobs. It could be a Series 1 Matrix with a custom circuit out of an Empathy, or a custom all-graphite Empathy.

I think it could be some kind of custom spec based on the Matrix but with Empathy preamp and pickups.

Edit: Do you have any pics of the neck joint? Is it a single moulding like an S2000 or a set neck?

Edited by Fat Rich

[quote name='Fat Rich' timestamp='1333708421' post='1605496']
I don't think it's a Series II or a newer S2 Classic. It could be a Matrix but it has humbuckers and 4 knobs. It could be a Series 1 Matrix with a custom circuit out of an Empathy, or a custom all-graphite Empathy.

I think it could be some kind of custom spec based on the Matrix but with Empathy preamp and pickups.

Edit: Do you have any pics of the neck joint? Is it a single moulding like an S2000 or a set neck?
[/quote]

Thanks for all the input.
Struggling to attach a piccie in a reply, but in the meantime, I did find this Series II on ebay and it looks like mine (shape, controls, headstock)
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Status-Graphite-S2-Bass-Flamed-Maple-Excellent-Condition-/320880541343?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4ab5f87e9f"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Status-Graphite-S2-Bass-Flamed-Maple-Excellent-Condition-/320880541343?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4ab5f87e9f[/url]

Cheers,
Jim

[quote name='Floyd Pepper' timestamp='1333731612' post='1605877']
Thanks for all the input.
Struggling to attach a piccie in a reply, but in the meantime, I did find this Series II on ebay and it looks like mine (shape, controls, headstock)
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Status-Graphite-S2-Bass-Flamed-Maple-Excellent-Condition-/320880541343?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4ab5f87e9f"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ab5f87e9f[/url]

Cheers,
Jim
[/quote]

Ah well, it's one of those then! I reckon your all graphite finish is pretty unusual, probably won't affect the price much though.

• 1 month later...

Thank you! :^)

What I like most is the unbelieveable sustain from the Status. It´s very subtle thing while you´re playing it. But when you do some recordings and listen to it afterwards it is a really enormous effect.

Also the Status is my best tool for distorted/crunched/fuzzed sounds, because its tone is very precise in intonation. That makes the fundament for a perfect connection with a Sansamp PBDD.

Also, when played undistorted you never get him barfing like a late ´70ies Jazz with heavy ash body, when you play it hard.

It´s an outstanding bass, perfect for rock or funk. I´m really glad to have it at my fingertip. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

recently gt a s2 empathy 5 headless

i must say very very impressed, awesome sound
got some new strings on so i will be playing it thur,fri,sat, in three similar bands so gonna see how she gets on.
ill put some pics up when i get my new knobs for it!!!!!
always wanted a status and am really glad i got one cuts trough like butter live.

"Lovely, lovely bass, ziggy. You lucky boy. "
ahh thanks guvnor, traded it with a beutiful bass that i do miss alot but boy does this beast play crikey and cuts trough my band big time
yup gold u retro knobs then all is sweet.
i love the sound from the brigde pick up and seems ike all notes ring trhough.

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' timestamp='1342975285' post='1743325']
"Lovely, lovely bass, ziggy. You lucky boy. "
ahh thanks guvnor, traded it with a beutiful bass that i do miss alot but boy does this beast play crikey and cuts trough my band big time
yup gold u retro knobs then all is sweet.
i love the sound from the brigde pick up and seems ike all notes ring trhough.
[/quote]

I sometimes forget how well Statii cut through in the mix. Been playing mainly in the classic rock 5 piece over the last few months so it's been Precision all the way. Rehearsed with the 4 piece 60s/70s band the other day and took the Streamline for a change. Sounded like I'd taken about a pound of cotton wool out of my ears....

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1343480768' post='1751301']
Nice. Where did that come from?
[/quote]
Hi Steve
status had this in stock,sold my king bass so i could get this 5 string
It has a bit of a different sound from my 4 string s2 but still very nice

Edited by wildus

• 3 weeks later...