Why become a member? ×

Colour of the cable...

Guest BeardyBob

[quote name='Diablo' timestamp='1418245100' post='2628480']
By far the best cables are striped. The two different bass-carrying frequencies of the pigments in the stripes act in unison and allow the electromagnetic waves to amplify themselves bringing clearer tone and lower bass frequency carrying capacity. I have found that cables marked with manufacturers names interfere with this electromagnetic transformation capacity and cause depleted musical performance. If only someone would invent a rainbow coloured cable (axial stripes - not radial, they stop the karma, man) then we can all bass-happy.
[/quote]

See - I knew it!
I've always had this nagging suspicion that there was something in the Universes I couldn't quite put my finger on..

[quote name='BeardyBob' timestamp='1418249000' post='2628538']
jeez... talk about thread hijacking. if you were my apprentices you'd all be fired. enjoy your muffled bass tones, folks!
[/quote]

I had a Whirlwind cable many years back. I remember it was orange. It was very muffled.

jeez... talk about thread hijacking. if you were my apprentices you'd all be fired. enjoy your muffled bass tones, folks!
[/quote]

Be fair this topic was always destined to attract a bit of banter.

Anyway it's down to what the Electron Pixies decide which colour they prefer to wear, and this affects how much of the audio signal they are prepared to carry down the cables. If it's bass they don't like it as it's a bit heavy for them.

[/quote]

I'm just grateful you didn't need to hire a fake bass stack. You'd be really pissed off by now :ph34r:

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1418246890' post='2628505']
The definitive answer is Black!

We all know OBBM supplies the best cables and he uses Black!

On a side note, I was recently re-painting an area of the workshop that we use for crash investigation work, the perimeter is marked with "Hazard Paint" (you know, the Black & Yellow stripey stuff), I asked the apprentoid to go and buy some from the wholesaler next door - told him to speak to Tom who would look after him, the apprentice returned with said paint, he took the lids off and proceeded to vigorously stir said paint in anti-clockwise direction! The look of horror on his face was priceless when I said you had to stir it clockwise otherwise the stripes would be the wrong way round!
[/quote]

When I was a lad I had a summer job in an upholstery factory. One day one of the upholsterers sent me to the sewing room (staffed entirely by middle-aged, working-class women) to "get a can of quim oil". Talk about Daniel in the lion's den..... I couldnt get out of there fast enough!! It was weeks before I lived that down