Why become a member? ×

SOLD Squier Jazz standard (walnut satin) for sale

lemmywinks

Squier Standard Jazz in Walnut satin
Nearly new condition, no real marks or scuffs. Has had bartolinis in but putting original pickups back. Pickup hole has been slightly widened on scratchplate, not noticeable. Hard to find in this finish, looks great
SOLD

Blackpool

Has a Gator style hard case (damaged but still functional).

Some better pics than the last one, as you can see it's also for sale in my local guitar shop along with some of my other stuff.

A lovely bass that i just don't need anymore, GASsed about it for ages then bought something else so it has to go.
Never seen anyone else with one either, all it needs is a fender logo! (something i was going to do, ended up puting it on my fender copy).

Can send sound clips via email if you fancy, got some rough recordings via windows sound recorder but they give you the idea

Ta

Steve

Edited by lemmywinks

Ok i'll try get some on as soon as!
We've had our practice room broken into so all our gear is at our singers house and some of mine is on sale at a guitar shop, should be able to get pics up by weekend.

The OLP is black with matching headstock, black and grey tortie pickguard and maple fingerboard.

The squier is exactly like the one here:
[url="http://www.rockingrooster.co.uk/product_info.php?PID=359"]http://www.rockingrooster.co.uk/product_info.php?PID=359[/url]

The OLP is used and the bridge has been replaced. For some reason there are only 2 screws holding the bridge down but it seems stable and would be easy to put another 2 in there. Think someone on here is selling a 5 string bartolini MM on the cheap so this is an ideal candidate for a pickup upgrade! At the moment you have to use the volumes to switch between humbucking and singlecoil modes but i was going to put a switch in it:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3413"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3413[/url]

The squier is basically new, i bought it as a back up cos my warwick kept cutting out, then saw a warmoth jazz on ebay for £335 so the squier was redundant before it was even delivered! Still stuck bartolinis in it (for sale elsewhere on this site) but the stock ceramic magnet pickups were spot on anyways. The pickguard has slightly widened holes where these have been

Think postage on both will be about £15 unless you can collect from Blackpool

[quote name='acidbass' post='263664' date='Aug 16 2008, 05:39 PM']I played one of those Squier Jazz Basses in Walnut Satin last year, and if the one advertised here is anywhere near as good as the one I played, it's an absolute bargain![/quote]

Yeah i tried a few in shops and they were all really good. They make the MIM fenders feel a bit cheap and lightweight. Sound pretty much the same too, i slightly preferred the sound of the squier over the £400 MIM jazz. I ended up getting this from thomann because hardly any shops in my area could get squier standards in and i couldn't find any in this colour in the country at the time of purchase.
The antique burst one is also really nice!

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='261769' date='Aug 13 2008, 06:01 PM']Think someone on here is selling a 5 string bartolini MM on the cheap so this is an ideal candidate for a pickup upgrade![/quote]

I think the string spacing is different - the OLP is 17mm whereas if the bartolini MM pickup is for a 'ray it will be 19mm.

There is a Nordstrand replacement specifically for the OLP, which is supposed to be an excellent piece of gear. I traded my OLP before I got around to fitting the PU.

Looks nice with a maple board . Good luck with the sale, it's an excellent price.

[quote name='pete.young' post='264569' date='Aug 18 2008, 01:54 PM']I think the string spacing is different - the OLP is 17mm whereas if the bartolini MM pickup is for a 'ray it will be 19mm.

There is a Nordstrand replacement specifically for the OLP, which is supposed to be an excellent piece of gear. I traded my OLP before I got around to fitting the PU.

Looks nice with a maple board . Good luck with the sale, it's an excellent price.[/quote]

Surely it can't make that much difference? The pickup has gone now, was just thinking that would be an amazing sounding bass with a tight low B for under £150!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='pete.young' post='264569' date='Aug 18 2008, 01:54 PM']I think the string spacing is different - the OLP is 17mm whereas if the bartolini MM pickup is for a 'ray it will be 19mm.[/quote]
I thought all barts used bar magnets, so string spacing shouldn't make much difference; providing the strings vibrate within the magnetic field created by the magnets.

Or have I got it wrong?

[quote name='Geek99' post='287646' date='Sep 19 2008, 08:38 PM']yes, I'm in the market for one now. Can we see some pics of the routed pickup area you mention? I like the idea of the walnut finish[/quote]

It's just the pickguard that's been trimmed, no actual routing has taken place on the body!
I might even include a wood scratchplate in the sale (if it fits....) so shouldn't matter if that's your bag
Was thinking of keeping this until i bumped it, if i get more interest i'll liberate it from the guitar shop where it's currently on sale and get some proper pics up. It's a really nice bass, hope it goes to a good home!
Off gigging now, will answer any questions tomorrow unless i come in drunk and switch the computer on! (expect spelling mistakes btw).

• 2 weeks later...