Why become a member? ×

Looks like Modulus are making a comeback.

ambient

I don't see them making a come back in full, as I'm sure the filings for bankruptcy will have a catch or two.

Also at 2.5k upwards still a very niche item, you can spend the same and choose a 5 piece body wood with loads of carves and bells and whistles.

You could part up a similar bass for a lot less than the price they are asking.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1415434427' post='2600219']
I don't see them making a come back in full, as I'm sure the filings for bankruptcy will have a catch or two.

Also at 2.5k upwards still a very niche item, you can spend the same and choose a 5 piece body wood with loads of carves and bells and whistles.

[/quote]

Hmm, there's the build quality though, my Modulus is amazingly built, better than anything else I've played.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1415434427' post='2600219']

[/quote]
That was never an issue before. And no amount of carves, bells and whistles will give you a Modulus, if that is what you desire.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1415525533' post='2601066']
Coffee table customs do nothing for me so I would rather spend £2.5k on a Modulus, I presume as others have in the past I would not be the only one?
[/quote]

They have fancy wood facings, it's just that they do it practicality in mind. Mine has a beautiful quilted maple front that's almost 3D like.

Then there was that amazing looking semi hollow that was for sale back in the summer.

Too many builders now by a machine to sculpt the bodies (don't know what it's called CNC maybe ?), and have the most hideous body shape, usually based around a single cut design.

Whereas the Modulus Quantum shape is so sleek and elegant.

:)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1415554343' post='2601421'] Flea will be able to order a pair of new ones ready for the next tour too, he must have worn those ones out by now :D [/quote]

But he uses Lane Poor pickups, and they've been out of production for a long time!

He got a new one last year, IIRC - matte black with "Flea" inlayed into the fretboard.