Why become a member? ×

The Alternative Rock Factfile. It's Back for a Christmas Edition!

yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1421710302' post='2664300']
There is actually no-one in 60's Popsters ManFred Mann called Fred. The band are however all men
[/quote]

Former members of Manfred Mann's Earth Band went on to join Man, Right Said Fred, the Mannic Street Preachers, Earth Wind & Fire and The Band.

Not sure if this one has appeared already but it is not widely know that Brittany Spears is actually the secret lovechild of Bryan Ferry.

When Miles Davis toured Europe in the 1960s, he had to change his name to 1.6093 Kilometres Davis.

UK Prog Band IQ are all, ironically, quite thick.

John and Robbie Coltrane are brothers.

Art Pepper was allergic.

Charlie Parker, known to Jazz fans by his nickname 'Bird', couldn't fly. Unlike R. Kelly who, I believe, could.

Before starting iconic Jazz sextet, The Jazz Messangers, Art Blakey worked as a bus inspector for London Transport where he worked alongside soon to be Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler, then known by his real name Stan.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1421763905' post='2664665']
Do I detect a "Jazz" influence creeping into "The alternative Rock Factfile"? I might have to seek a ruling from a Mod....
[/quote]
While working on his album 'Lumpy Gravy', Frank Zappa was working nights as a trainee chef. In Typical Zappa fashion, the track 'Theme From Lumpy Gravy' appeared later on his Make A Jazz Noise Here recordings.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1421766734' post='2664724']
While working on his album 'Lumpy Gravy', Frank Zappa was working nights as a trainee chef. In Typical Zappa fashion, the track 'Theme From Lumpy Gravy' appeared later on his Make A Jazz Noise Here recordings.
[/quote]

Continuing the jazz tangent, Zappa relocated to east Yorkshire to immerse himself in the ways of the then-new Synclavier. The results were performed at the 1985 Humberside Jazz Festival and edited highlights were released on the Jazz From Hull album.

John Bonham was an excellent pinball player, due no doubt from excelling at playing drums from the wrist. Keith Moon, ironically, was not a good pinball player. On one tour he got so frustrated that he wheeled the pinball machine out of the hotel bar and shoved it into the swimming pool.

[quote name='sprocketflup' timestamp='1421785902' post='2665063']
Expressive art hairdos Milli Vanilli now rather ironically run a small kiosk on the sea front at Margate selling candy floss
[/quote]

Are you sure? I was down there over the Summer and they were selling Vanilla Ice Cream. They asked if I wanted nuts with mine, I said "leave it out"!