Why become a member? ×

The Alternative Rock Factfile. It's Back for a Christmas Edition!

yorks5stringer

[quote]Sounds a bit of a tall story? You sure this is a fact? This may need independent verification as we can't have any old crap being posted on here. [/quote]

Of course, I wouldn't want to ruin such an encyclopaedia of rock knowledge such as this thread by posting made up rubbish. I'm going to campaign to have this entire thread carved into granite and installed in an air tight chamber on the moon. It shall be archived for evermore**

Back to rock facts:

Wonga puppet look-a-like Charlie Watts was recently featured on an episode of Antiques Roadshow. He was valued at £750 but Fiona Bruce suggested there were a number of fakes around so this one should be sent for independent verification.

**If I can't raise enough funds for the moon this thread may end up being printed out and stuffed into my office cupboard until the next clearout. Or I get cold and burn it for fuel.

[quote name='sprocketflup' timestamp='1419325925' post='2638685']
Previous incarnations of the band Ben Folds Five have included Charlie Washes Six, Mary Dries Three and Harriet Airs Four.
[/quote]

You forgot about the trouser-press two ;)

[quote name='Diablo' timestamp='1419325696' post='2638680']
Of course, I wouldn't want to ruin such an encyclopaedia of rock knowledge such as this thread by posting made up rubbish. I'm going to campaign to have this entire thread carved into granite and installed in an air tight chamber on the moon. It shall be archived for evermore**

Back to rock facts:

Wonga puppet look-a-like Charlie Watts was recently featured on an episode of Antiques Roadshow. He was valued at £750 but Fiona Bruce suggested there were a number of fakes around so this one should be sent for independent verification.

**If I can't raise enough funds for the moon this thread may end up being printed out and stuffed into my office cupboard until the next clearout. Or I get cold and burn it for fuel.
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up re the Campaign .Once I've finished the ap I'm working on ( big news for Dec25th) it will tie in nicely. Do Google Maps have one to the Moon?

[quote]Thanks for the heads up re the Campaign .Once I've finished the ap I'm working on ( big news for Dec25th) it will tie in nicely. Do Google Maps have one to the Moon? [/quote]

I don't think Google do, yet, but I know it is where parcelforce hide all the parcels they cannot be bothered to deliver. They used to use the Manchester canal but a combination of do-gooders clearing it out, and it overflowing with shopping trolleys and stolen cars meant an alternative had to be found.

More rocktastic trivia:

Roy Wood is only a Wizard at weekends. During the week he does charity work for an orphaned kitten voluntary group.

[quote name='Dandelion' timestamp='1419342601' post='2638924']
Since finding religion Cliff Richards no longer sings "Devil woman" during his live shows.

He now no longer sings "Power to all our friends" following the local friendly constabulary's decision to use their power of search on his penthouse apartment.
[/quote]

I heard Living Doll and The Young Ones had also been dropped.

Edited by yorks5stringer

[sub]Groove Armada have called it a day due to health issues. Andy Cato explained, " Had the technology been available in 1588 I'd have worn hearing protectors but all the canon fire in trying to invade the England of Elizabeth 1st has affected my hearing so much I can no longer mix down our tunes" Andy is hoping to transfer his grooving skills and hopes anyone who wants a groove cutting in a seat or piece of wood such as a Dado Rail or even a Tongue will track him down.[/sub]

[size=2][color="#000000"](OK Cleggy, as you know, Sam and Dave have invited me up to ChipsNor for the 25[/color][sup][color="#000000"]th[/color][/sup][color="#000000"] and 26[/color][sup][color="#000000"]th[/color][/sup][color="#000000"] (apparently Barrack and Michelle gave back-word) so I’m hoping you can get this through the Ministry Firewall for me?[/color][/size]
[size=2][color="#000000"]Just find [/color][url="http://www.basschat.co.uk/"][color="#0000ff"]www.basschat.co.uk[/color][/url][color="#000000"] and log in as Yorks5stringer (Yes, I know long story). Password is “Ihatejazz” and you should be in. Obviously everything in brackets needs to be deleted, I wouldn’t want some 12 years old wannabebassist logging on as me and blackening my good name-LOL! Oh, you might need to run the spellcheck cos some of those Basschatters, talk about being spellin and grammer Stasi’s!)[/color][/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2][color="#000000"]PRESS RELEESE[/color][/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2][color="#000000"]Top Pro basist develops new music ap![/color][/size]
[size=2][color="#000000"]New ap available soon which gives you the aternative factfile on your favourite artists. [/color][/size]
[size=2][color="#000000"]How do you use it?, easy just load the ap and type in for example “Britney Spears”[/color][/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2][color="#000000"]Britney Spears: daughter of Dyson Spares and Asparagus Spears. Most famous for her song Toxic being used for psychological werfare puroses against Terroists ( and the rest of the Western World). Britney covered the Travis song “Hit me Baby one more time” dressed in her school uniform. Following rumoured enhancement surgery, bands used to preface their cover version of this song with “Britney has her knockers, but we still like her”. Britney has had a troubled career but has put that behind her and now soponsors the Brit Awards. Regrettably one past winner died of drink and drugs and another has not sung live now for 3 years. Ironically Britney is now marketing a hair care range in Lidl.[/color][/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2][color="#000000"]End of ap.[/color][/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2][color="#000000"]The first 100[/color] [color="#000000"]earely adopter Basschatters (Fender Dimension Bass LOL?) can get this ap for £1.50 by sending a paypal gift to [/color] [email="[email protected]"][color="#0000ff"][email protected][/color][/email][color="#000000"] or you can wait till it hits the ap shop.[/color][/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2][color="#000000"]End of press Releese[/color][/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2][color="#000000"](Right Nick, that should do it. Don’t forget to do a spell/gramme -check and take out everthing in brackets. BTW Rebekkah and Charlie say HI!)[/color][/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2][color="#000000"](Did I say remove everything in Brackets, I’d look a right idiot mif it was all left in!)[/color][/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2][color="#000000"](Don’t forget, you did promise to remove everything in brackets)[/color][/size]

[b]Apology[/b]

Could I apologise to all frequenters of this thread? When I mentioned "12 year old wannabebassists", I obviously was not talking about you, after all some of you are 14. To those of you who have PM'd me to complain and the [s]65[/s] 66 wanting the ap, I'm afraid the money is non-refundable, read the Terms and Conditions buried in the small print. Oh, and to those complaining about the spelling and grammar, get a life!

Merry Christmas from all at the Alternative Rock Factfile.com

Edited by yorks5stringer

[size=3](Still forwarding stuff to that idiot but having a lovely timer at Sam and Dave's (not the Soul Band if you get my drift)[/size]

[size=3]Toad the Wet Sprocket were formed from the remnants of Crazy Frog, Wet,Wet,Wet and Hinge and Bracket and Sprocket. Their first hit was "Jump"[/size]

[size=3]BTW I'm 60 today!!![/size]

Rock/Rap outfit Dog Eat Dog were originally 3 Labradors, 2 German Shepherds and a Dalmatian. The Dalmatian ate both Lab's and ended up being muzzled and restricted to only playing drums from then on. The two Labs were replaced by humans bringing the band to the current lineup.

[quote name='Diablo' timestamp='1419630531' post='2641512']
Rock/Rap outfit Dog Eat Dog were originally 3 Labradors, 2 German Shepherds and a Dalmatian. The Dalmatian ate both Lab's and ended up being muzzled and restricted to only playing drums from then on. The two Labs were replaced by humans bringing the band to the current lineup.
[/quote]

Sounds like something Iceland would sell in their Korean Supermarkets (sorry, lazy ethnic stereotype)?

Heavy metal outfit Biohazard have been disbanded by the Health & Safety Executive after performing without correct signage to warn punters of the dangers. The £10,000 fine pushed the band into liquidation. Ex lead singer Evan Seinfeld commented "this is elf n saftie gun mad innit, fackin lard of tosh dis"