Why become a member? ×

Status Streamline 5-string fretless
£1015

Uli

SOLD!

[size=4][font=Helvetica]Hi,[/font]
[font=Helvetica]I am selling a Status Streamline five-string fretless (with micro edge markers on the fingerboard) because I have to save up money for a very nice cello I recently spotted.[/font]
[font=Helvetica]The instrument is fully constructed of carbon, so the weight is as low as 3.2 kg. Because of it’s headless design, the instrument has a perfect balance![/font]

[font=Helvetica]I received the instrument new from Status Graphite in May 2011 and thought that I will make to move to five strings. But I am still stuck to four strings. In beginning of 2014 I decided for a new colour on the instrument and pickups with seriell / parallel switch. I received the Streamline back from Status Graphite in April 2014. The new colour is surf green with a satin finish with is not sticky and very natural to touch. The instrumentet is in an absolute mint condition as I did not play it much after I got it back.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]Specifikation:[/font]
[font=Helvetica]+ One-piece carbon design[/font]
[font=Helvetica]+ Surf green satin finish[/font]
[font=Helvetica]+ Plain fretless with micro-edge markers[/font]
[font=Helvetica]+ 32” with bendwell[/font]
[font=Helvetica]+ 16.5mm string spacing at bridge[/font]
[font=Helvetica]+ Special pickup positions[/font]
[font=Helvetica]+ Seriell /parallel for both pick-up[/font]
[font=Helvetica]+ Mute switch[/font]
[font=Helvetica]+ Black nylon strings[/font]

[font=Helvetica]I will add two sets of Hotwire half wound strings.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]If you are interested I am happy to send more photos.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]Original Status gigbag (new) included.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]Original price: 2500,- EUR / 1950,- GBP[/font]
[font=Helvetica]New painting & pickups: 1100,- EUR / 850,- GBP[/font]

[font=Helvetica]Accepted sales price: 1260,- EUR / 990,- GBP[/font][/size]

[font=Helvetica]The bass is loc[/font]ated in Gothenburg / Sweden.

[font=Helvetica][size=2][url="http://s1039.photobucket.com/user/ulisander/media/Status%20Streamline%205%20fretless/DSC01163_zpsb5e7f31a.jpg.html"][/url][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=2][url="http://s1039.photobucket.com/user/ulisander/media/Status%20Streamline%205%20fretless/DSC01162_zpsbd3e9b39.jpg.html"][/url][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=2][url="http://s1039.photobucket.com/user/ulisander/media/Status%20Streamline%205%20fretless/DSC01157_zps117f8de2.jpg.html"][/url][/size][/font]

Edited by Uli

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1417384037' post='2619917']

Not if the whole bass is a single piece of composite :)
[/quote]

It's not!

I had a fretted version. I've also had long chats with Rob about defetting another status.

On a bolt on it ended up being cheaper to get a new neck.

The fingerboards are phenolic resin and built up on a separate piece of composite that is glued onto the rest of the neck (at least that is the case on every other monocoque constructed neck I've owned from Musicman and Alembic right through to Modulus). If you see laminates on the side, under fingerboard, running parallel to the fingerboard and length of the neck, the streamliner will be the same.

The fingerboards can be refretted.

• 4 months later...