Why become a member? ×

TM Stevens Warwick Streamer.

JamesTun

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warwick-Streamer-TM-Stevens/111479259572?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140328180637%26meid%3D84c09c34cfc744e3b939a01a0399d389%26pid%3D100009%26prg%3D20140328180637%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D141431578505

Pretty nice Streamer up on eBay. Pretty steep brand new.

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1412758374' post='2571602']
The Zulu Warrior.
[/quote]

The original Warrior had graphics on the back too and was £5,449 when it came out in 2010... though he does say in the listing it's made in Korea, so presumably there are different versions of this? :huh:

Edited by discreet

'discreet'

The original Warrior had graphics on the back too and was £5,449 when it came out in 2010... though he does say in the listing it's made in Korea, so presumably there are different versions of this? :huh:

MB1
The Older version (5,000+)
Which makes this a much more affordable Beast!

[quote name='JamesTun' timestamp='1412813389' post='2572432']
I saw it was made in Korea. But with models like these, there isn't much difference honestly.

Yeah you can say that Warwick Pro bass series and the made in Germany ones are leagues apart. But maybe that's because of the price.
[/quote] technically Germany and Korea are leagues apart....
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1412839220' post='2572472']
OK, there are different versions. I'm just trying to negotiate the maze of Warwick models and specifications! It's confusing! :)
[/quote] German > Korean > Chinese
Except Japanese, and theres only one model of them AFAIK - and they have some fans.
But German pre C1999 are supposed to be better than post C1999 - and pre 1992 better than post 1992.
except post 2012-13 when they went back to the pre 1992 specs (wenge, solid brass hardware etc) except using CAD machines instead of hands....
Pre 1987-88 ish and they are different again with one piece bridges....
Also bare in mind that when they "went upmarket" in 2012ish they were moving the cheaper models to korea... now they seem to have happy players of the people on here who own them - Artisan springs to mind (user name, not actually an artisan, well he may be no way of knowing) - so given the korean built ones apparently use german parts, and really the presumption that Koreans may build bad instruments has little behind it then a Korean Warwick may be waybetter than a German warwick from the period where Warwick basses have a bad rep. who knows?
Oh and a polish made warwick is probably a Mayones which used to look a lot like Warwick's cousin from behind the iron curtain .... of course if you look up where warwick are based you may question that, but they were in west Germany until about 1992.....

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1412923875' post='2573266']
German > Korean > Chinese
Except Japanese, and there's only one model of them AFAIK - and they have some fans.
But German pre C1999 are supposed to be better than post C1999 - and pre 1992 better than post 1992.
except post 2012-13 when they went back to the pre 1992 specs (wenge, solid brass hardware etc) except using CAD machines instead of hands....
Pre 1987-88 ish and they are different again with one piece bridges....
Also bare in mind that when they "went upmarket" in 2012ish they were moving the cheaper models to Korea... now they seem to have happy players of the people on here who own them - Artisan springs to mind (user name, not actually an artisan, well he may be no way of knowing) - so given the korean built ones apparently use german parts, and really the presumption that Koreans may build bad instruments has little behind it then a Korean Warwick may be waybetter than a German warwick from the period where Warwick basses have a bad rep. who knows?
Oh and a polish made warwick is probably a Mayones which used to look a lot like Warwick's cousin from behind the iron curtain .... of course if you look up where warwick are based you may question that, but they were in west Germany until about 1992.....
[/quote]

Aggh. OK, I think I've managed to store that information!! Thanks very much. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1413225557' post='2576103']
But on a purely personal and subjective PoV my MiK Star Bass is a much nicer instrument to play than any of the MiG versions that I've tried.
[/quote]

How many MIG Star Basses have you tried?? :blink:

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1413233368' post='2576262']
How many MIG Star Basses have you tried?? :blink:
[/quote]

Three. All at trade fairs where I would expect the examples to be the best of the best and perfectly set up in order to encourage dealers and punters to part with their money. By far the worst was a 4-string fretless that looked gorgeous but had fingerboard edges so sharp I'm surprised I didn't come away bleeding!