Why become a member? ×

Fender CS bass atrocity on eBay

Noisyjon

[quote name='Noisyjon' timestamp='1412877337' post='2572946']
It's not the 3 piece body that irks me it's the fact that these were something like £2,200 new and I'm, struggling to see how a J pickup being added whacks on another £800 odd quid!
[/quote]

True, the pricing is optimistic to say the least! I was more replying to Pete's "below par" comment, as other than the odd choice of body woods (which is intentional) I can't see anything that makes it look like a poorly made bass. And hey, it's still got fewer pieces than something like an Alembic!

[quote name='Noisyjon' timestamp='1412877686' post='2572952']
Exactly! What do you reckon, about £1,500? That'd be more like it IMO
[/quote]

Unless it was a very nice pre CBS job, I don't think I'd want to pay even a grand for any sort of P-Bass these days...
...perhaps I've become a bit [s]jihadi[/s] jaded.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1412878179' post='2572956']
And hey, it's still got fewer pieces than something like an Alembic!
[/quote]

I don't think there's anything structurally or sonically wrong with a three-piece body as long as you can't see it!
Plywood. Now that's a LOT of pieces... yet some of the most expensive high-end basses are made from laminates.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1412878340' post='2572959']

I don't think there's anything structurally or sonically wrong with a three-piece body as long as you can't see it!
Plywood. Now that's a LOT of pieces... yet some of the most expensive high-end basses are made from laminates.
[/quote]
I dont mind seeing it, in fact if it was rear routed without a pickguard I think it would look better, maybe even quite cool? The way it pokes out from behind the pg here and there doesnt look like an expensive bass to my eyes, that body should have gone in the solid black batch imo.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1412878586' post='2572966']
...doesn't look like an expensive bass to my eyes, that body should have gone in the solid black batch imo.
[/quote]

I think that's what the real problem is - it really doesn't look like a CS product. In fact some of the new VM Squiers look better than that! :D
Of course it'll probably turn out to be a Basschatter's bass and I'll spend the rest of the month apologising. D'oh!! :facepalm:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1412875946' post='2572925']
Think what you like, I have long since given up trying to please everyone and anyone who knows me knows I have no chip on my shoulder. All I am seeing is you stirring it up, the posts in the other thread were about high end Fenders and their construction, this one is a high end Fender that is below par IMO hence the relation of the threads. In fact the other thread was not even about Fenders it just got trolled and trashed by Fender fans as the bass in the OP was Fender shaped.

I believe there is a block function? feel free to use it :)
[/quote]

Well if you think taking a pop at another person in an irrelevant way and suggesting that people have 'hit lists' that you are on doesn't suggest some problems with a chip on your shoulder if people don't agree with everything you say then, for the first time ever since I've been on this forum, I will indeed take your advice and use the block function.

Maybe if you manage to wind enough people up like this you'll effectively have the whole place to yourself as no-one will see what you're posting. . .

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1412799210' post='2572263']
I ended up on Karlfers hit list for suggesting things like my single piece slab ash body on my musicman classic or in that case a Lakland being better than Fenders like this, he said that im a knob for not adding a IMO, who would prefer that 3 piece body for tone or visual reasons?
As for modding it its nothing that special is it? I have a john east pre in my ClassicRay, I guess some people would have winced as I unsoldered the factory wires on a £2200 bass but its my bass ;)
[/quote]

So here's me reading a nice little thing about people's thought's on a Fender.
Bugger me, I come across a quote in Molan's thread with my little name in it, so I unblock you and have a read.
You aren't on my hit list. GET YOUR FACT'S right for a change. But you just can't leave it alone with your cheap shots.

I blocked you before I got another bollocking of the Mods.
I also blocked you because you are a stirring, self opinionated, trolling, last word Harry. IMO of course. Others may have a different opinion.

See the rest of you later chaps after I get another "posting rights removed".
Job done slingnayPete1977, hope you are proud.

Edited by karlfer

Think you'll find it's slingNay.

Anyway, I'm not here for the last word, I'm off into a murky part of BC I've not ventured before.

Nigel/Mark, you two ARE on my hit list :ph34r: , come the revolution, pop, pop (ps discreet, can I have your P after I've had you messily slaughtered?).

I presume getting posting rights removed is for posting personal insults? For all my trolling ,self oppinianted, chip on my shoulder,slingnay, last word harry antics I haven't had a ban because I haven't called anyone a name ;)
I have never asked a mod to block anyone or have a word with them as I am plenty big and ugly enough to not give a hoot.

Anyway what was is thread about again oh yes P J custom shop, I really dont mind the extra pickup, the 3 piece body is not to MY preference so it is mainly the price thats an issue? If someone wants a top notch P bass but with the J pickup is it so bad? They get all the nice bits of the CS plus the J option neatly done, what would it cost to spec one the same new?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1412887964' post='2573109']
If it was listed as ordered like that I wouldn't have known would you? Someone obviously just likes a pj and happy to have it done, there will be other people that like it but whats it worth?
[/quote]

It's essentially just a CS version of a US Deluxe Precision. I quite like it but it's only worth the money that the winning bid pays!