Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Sei Flamboyant headless 5 - photographs added

lozbass

Now SOLD - thanks Rich - great guy, excellent player!

Singlecut 6 still available (until Monday night - 4th August)

Hi all, I'm selling two Seis - this Flamboyant 5 and a singlecut 6. More details later today or tomorrow.

Condition is suberb, the bass dates from around 2003 and has very little play time. The price is a firm £1375 including straplocks and a Gator case (the case is also in excellent condition).

A few details (more soon - please ask if you need anything specific or more detailed photographs).

Scale length: 34"
String spacing: around 16.5mm
Neck width at 1st fret: 48mm
Neck width at 24th fret: 72mm
Weight is around 8lbs (the bass is very light and extremely well-balanced)

Neck: 7 laminate flamed maple with wenge stringers
Body: ash
Top: olive (beautifully figured with a black accent line)

Circuit: Schack 3 band (preferred by Martin I think)
Pickups: Bartolini humbuckers
Side LEDs in red

The bass was set-up recently at the Gallery with LaBella Slappers - very light guage with E-C stringing. The action is unbelievably low (probably too low for most players)

Condition is superb - the bass looks breathtaking and could pass for new/almost new - it's clearly had very little play time. There is just one small mark - a tiny (2-3mm) and very shallow indentation in the lacquer on the back of the body (just below the tummy contour line). I caused this by dropping a jack plug from a low height - the mark is not easy to find and I was laughed out of three shops/luthier businesses when I enquired about having it fixed/flattened. To be honest, it's only apparent if caught in the right light - even then it's almost invisible and takes some time to find.

I'm advertising this and the Sei singlecut six until next Monday night - I think the prices (£1375 for each instrument) are very reasonable (even in a depressed market). If they don't sell here then they're off to meet their maker (if Martin/Alex are interested in a brokerage/consignment deal).

This is a very versatile bass - it is beautifully airy and refined (quite hifi), but can rock and growl if played hard. The Schack circuit is very powerful (and very useable) indeed.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you want to talk or need more information or photographs.

Cheers, Lozbass

Edited by lozbass

wawaweewah... the first sei I've ever liked, which also happens to the first headless I've ever liked... and I'm looking for a 5 string too.

I just can't justify spending the dosh. I promised myself if anything happened with my band I'd splash out on a new bass, but not much has happened yet... if this is still for sale when I get signed, I'll shoot you a pm :huh:

in the meantime, have a bump on me for a stunning bass :)

Amazing looking bass. I sure would love that, and I'd probably go for it if most of my GAS money wasn't set for a drum kit. My playing is so unworthy it would almost be a crime for me to own it!

Where in the country are you out of interest?

[quote name='Golchen' post='250177' date='Jul 29 2008, 09:04 AM']Amazing looking bass. I sure would love that, and I'd probably go for it if most of my GAS money wasn't set for a drum kit. My playing is so unworthy it would almost be a crime for me to own it!

Where in the country are you out of interest?[/quote]

Thanks for the comments all - it is a lovely bass. Haha - my lack of talent didn't dissuade me from ownership! Me and the bass are in Manchester - bring an umbrella and a kevlar vest.

Cheers, Lozbass

[quote name='lozbass' post='250220' date='Jul 29 2008, 09:57 AM']Thanks for the comments all - it is a lovely bass. Haha - my lack of talent didn't dissuade me from ownership! Me and the bass are in Manchester - bring an umbrella and a kevlar vest.

Cheers, Lozbass[/quote]

Have PM'd you - seriously interested in this.

Stuart

oooof This is a HELLUVA bass! I'm LOVING the looks of that. I'm in Sheff, and you're less than an hour away in Manc....
If this doesn't shift real soon, I'm gonna pop over and take it. Seriously. I'm looking for a second 5'r at the mo and this looks to fit the bill..

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='250860' date='Jul 29 2008, 10:12 PM']oooof This is a HELLUVA bass! I'm LOVING the looks of that. I'm in Sheff, and you're less than an hour away in Manc....
If this doesn't shift real soon, I'm gonna pop over and take it. Seriously. I'm looking for a second 5'r at the mo and this looks to fit the bill..[/quote]

Thanks to all for the very lovely comments - Martin is a bloody genius and this bass is as gorgeous as all of his creations. I took it into Music Ground in Manchester recently and it caused a storm: one of those moments when you open a case and everybody gasps...if only it were a shorter scale!

Cheers, Lozbass

[quote name='Golchen' post='251026' date='Jul 30 2008, 08:50 AM']Part of me wants this to get snapped up pronto and put me out of my misery, and part of me really wants it!

What's wrong with longer scale??[/quote]

No problem, it should be gone by tomorrow evening (one way or another).

Nothing wrong with long-scale but plenty wrong with my technique!

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='lozbass' post='251221' date='Jul 30 2008, 12:23 PM']No problem, it should be gone by tomorrow evening (one way or another).

Nothing wrong with long-scale but plenty wrong with my technique![/quote]

Bummer! If I could sell my current bass instantly to raise some more cash I'd have it. Timing can be a cruel thing in the world of GAS.