Why become a member? ×

Semi Hollows

blue

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1408470414' post='2530527']
My first bass was a Commodore semi, now long gone. 37 years on I have conceived a GAS for another one but they're a bit thin on the ground at the moment. :(

[size=3]Something like this would do nicely.[/size]
[/quote]

How about this - http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/semi-acoustic-bass/1074534791 ?

Another Jack Casady player here, I did have a Fender Starcaster but I had to sell it recently. Also had a DeArmond Starfire and an Italia Maranello Z back in the day. Keep your flats though, the Casady sounds great with rounds and I have no intention of changing.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1408531865' post='2531051']
Another Jack Casady player here, I did have a Fender Starcaster but I had to sell it recently. Also had a DeArmond Starfire and an Italia Maranello Z back in the day. Keep your flats though, the Casady sounds great with rounds and I have no intention of changing.
[/quote]

I agree, the Casady sounds fab with rounds but Manny from primal scream uses one with flats and says the bottom end is huge, so I though I'd try it. I kept the rounds, they're in my bedside drawer, in case I want to switch back

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1408521204' post='2530886']
How about this - [url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/semi-acoustic-bass/1074534791"]http://www.gumtree.c...bass/1074534791[/url] ?

[/quote]

Yum! Very nice.

A 426 mile round-trip to pick it up...could be worth it. :)
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1408546456' post='2531257']
Yum! Very nice.

A 426 mile round-trip to pick it up...could be worth it. :)
[color=#ffffff].[/color]
[/quote]

Perhaps you should consider the "will post at free of charge In soft case " option - what could possibly go wrong? :unsure:

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1408552233' post='2531308']
Really hating this thread now - was in London today so made a detour to Wunjo, and yes, they had the Guilds in stock- Korean, £795 inc hard case, play like a dream. I now need to sell some stuff and hand on to some gig money......
[/quote]

Is that a fair price for made in Korea. I mean for all I know Korean made might be a better product than US made. At this point in time I just don't know how to gage that sort of thing?

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1408552825' post='2531317']
Is that a fair price for made in Korea. I mean for all I know Korean made might be a better product than US made. At this point in time I just don't know how to gage that sort of thing?

Blue
[/quote]

It may seem a little on the high side but Cort who were one of the biggest Korean brands, making their own and for all the big names (Epiphone, G&L) now make most of their instruments in China or Indonesia as it was getting too expensive to make them in Korea. It was exceptional quality, played it and a Warwick Rockbass Star Bass which was quite horrid by comparison and the same money (almost).

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1408549191' post='2531282']
Perhaps you should consider the "will post at free of charge In soft case " option - what could possibly go wrong? :unsure:
[/quote]

What indeed? :( It's a long way but I suppose I could try to time it to fit with one of Dr Dave's gigs.

[size=2]Sings: [/size]

[size=2]I might go four hundred miles[/size]
[size=2]And I might go four hundred more[/size]
[size=2]Just to be the man who bought[/size]
[size=2]an ancient semi-hollow Commodore[/size]

[size=4]It's all Blue's fault, anyway. :lol:[/size]

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1408552233' post='2531308']
Really hating this thread now - was in London today so made a detour to Wunjo, and yes, they had the Guilds in stock- Korean, £795 inc hard case, play like a dream. I now need to sell some stuff and hand on to some gig money......
[/quote]
Which did they have in stock? The reissued Starfire or the reissued M85 or both?

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1408570569' post='2531526']
Which did they have in stock? The reissued Starfire or the reissued M85 or both?
[/quote]

Both - wasn't too keen on the looks of the M85 - looked a bit out of proportion.