Why become a member? ×

Peter Frampton throws phone

timmo

I used to love Sledge Hammer, thanks for the reminder skankdelvar.

I was at a Gary Numan gig in Norwich last month and one guy was holding up a frigging iPad. After a brief period he disappeared which is just as well as I'm small but not afraid to tell someone they're a twat.

Can we also lump on idiots who talk through entire gigs? What is that all about? I was at another Gary Numan gig in Norwich maybe five years ago and a gaggle of twenty-something girls pushed to near the front where I was and proceeded to chat the whole time about how brilliant it was that they had got so near the front. I politely told them that I'd payed to hear the Gaz and not their witterings and suddenly everyone else was joining in on my side and the girls quickly disappeared!

It's up to the real fans to say something about all this unsociable bollocks and you'll often find many people who didn't say anything but are getting quietly annoyed will step up and support you.

Sadly the selfie just reflects what kind of society we've created.

Edited by Mr Arkadin

Can't take photos or record audio with my archaic phone so it stays in the pocket all through the gig. I very occasionally take a camera if I think I'lll be close enough but then it's a couple of quick snaps (a minute at most) and I'm done for the gig. The constant sea of smartphones is becoming tiresome at concerts these days.

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1407703900' post='2523238']
Maybe there's money to be made in making an app the simply dims the screen when filming so as not to distract others.
[/quote]

What about an app that sends 2000 volts through the phone when you try to video a live performance?

Edited by discreet

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1407829015' post='2524297']
Looking on the bright side this thread has had 100+ posts about someone i'm sure a lot of people haven't heard of since the 70s. :)
[/quote]
It's almost like a second coming, a resurrection if you like. In fact he could make an album about it and call it "Peter Frampton Comes Alive", you never know it might sell a few copies.