Why become a member? ×

Please God No! More GAS - ACG Content

discreet

I've an uber graft J 5 string ordered. It's due in September and I can't wait.
Has all I like in the spec. none of what I don't like

I've already got an ACG 5 string I'm thinking of selling on at the minute if anyone is looking a bargain as I'm committed to becoming a one bass man.
I haven't decided fully yet but if anyone is interested it might convince me. . . . .
Pic here below of bass considering for sale.

Edited by bassman344

[quote name='bassman344' timestamp='1401743823' post='2466515']
I've an uber graft J 5 string ordered. It's due in September and I can't wait.
Has all I like in the spec. none of what I don't like

I've already got an ACG 5 string I'm thinking of selling on at the minute if anyone is looking a bargain as I'm committed to becoming a one bass man.
I haven't decided fully yet but if anyone is interested it might convince me. . . . .
Pic here below of bass considering for sale.
[/quote]

If I remember correctly from perusing Alan's website, that graft is 33" scale. How's the B on it?

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1401781738' post='2466680']

If I remember correctly from perusing Alan's website, that graft is 33" scale. How's the B on it?
[/quote]

It is indeed the 33" graft. The B is excellent for the 33" scale. I've played short scale basses where the E was awful and almost impossible to get anything other than flubalubalub from. For what I'm playing it just feels so nice with such little effort needed it's incredible. Pups are great for being passive, can't wait til my new one is ready but this will need to go to fund the final payment for it.
Pics as follows in the sunshine for a change today.

[quote name='cana.dan' timestamp='1401661412' post='2465709']
Can't blame anyone for ACG gas. Only have my graft for 1 week and in already saving for a custom.
[/quote]

That's what I like to hear :)

I have a new one on order myself :ph34r: although technically Mrs ead may not be aware of this fact...

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1401820953' post='2467283']

That's what I like to hear :)

I have a new one on order myself :ph34r: although technically Mrs ead may not be aware of this fact...
[/quote]

I don't know how you can manage that. I haven't shut up about mine and I only placed the order 2 weeks ago!

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1401827395' post='2467358']
I recognise that 33" Graft Recurve! Cracking bass :)

One day I will commission a new special Finn5, specs all sorted in my head but funds sadly don't come so easily right now :(
[/quote]

yep this is your old one.

I was so impressed I ordered a J to my spec and finish preferences.

Having a hard time waiting but it will be worth it.

I was hoping to keep this and the new one but its not working out that way and im moving towards being a one bass man.
travelling light is what im wantin and if I have two I will take two everywhere.

Keep well. The acg you want is one day closer each morning dude . . . .

[quote name='bassman344' timestamp='1401831227' post='2467404']

I was hoping to keep this and the new one but its not working out that way and im moving towards being a one bass man.
travelling light is what im wantin and if I have two I will take two everywhere.

[/quote]

I wanted mine yesterday....

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1401827677' post='2467362']
I don't know how you can manage that. I haven't shut up about mine and I only placed the order 2 weeks ago!
[/quote]

When I sold the ACG Graft to Cana.dan I muttered something about replacing it at some point, but not necessarily adding the words "...with an ACG Custom". Mrs ead has moved on to other things I do wrong now so all is well at ead towers and I can talk to the wild rabbit that got into the garden (apparently also my fault) about the bass. I think he's quite impressed but hard to tell for sure.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1401868295' post='2467574']
Whats the build time on these?.. ACGs that is.
[/quote]

Anywhere between a few months to nearly 12on average I think, but don't quote me.
A Graft bass is obviously quicker as a lot are built from stock bodies, but Uber Grafts, Custom and then Uber instruments would obviously take longer.
If you manage to convince Alan to build you something insane like a headless 10 string fanned fret half fretted half fretless, it'll take as long as it takes ;)

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1401870449' post='2467594']

Anywhere between a few months to nearly 12on average I think, but don't quote me.
A Graft bass is obviously quicker as a lot are built from stock bodies, but Uber Grafts, Custom and then Uber instruments would obviously take longer.
If you manage to convince Alan to build you something insane like a headless 10 string fanned fret half fretted half fretless, it'll take as long as it takes ;)

Eude
[/quote]

is that 10 string monster thing yours? If so I saw it. looking good and mental in equal measures!

I was quoted around a year for my custom build.

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1401878897' post='2467705']
is that 10 string monster thing yours? If so I saw it. looking good and mental in equal measures!

I was quoted around a year for my custom build.
[/quote]

God no! 6 strings is my limit, but I keep settling back to 5 as a mainstay.
I'd love a go on that 10, and I was extremely surprised at how compact it turned out too.
One day I'll likely order a 6 string headless ACG as a super compact, easy to move around, record, gig, rehearse bass, but not for a little while yet.

My current build is a 5 string 33" Krell SC with one of those awesome Uber ART tops, hoping to see it before Xmas :)

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1401879164' post='2467710']

God no! 6 strings is my limit, but I keep settling back to 5 as a mainstay.
I'd love a go on that 10, and I was extremely surprised at how compact it turned out too.
One day I'll likely order a 6 string headless ACG as a super compact, easy to move around, record, gig, rehearse bass, but not for a little while yet.

My current build is a 5 string 33" Krell SC with one of those awesome Uber ART tops, hoping to see it before Xmas :)

Eude
[/quote]

ooo. Those tops look so much nicer in person! I look forward to the NBD thread!

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1401881102' post='2467744']
ooo. Those tops look so much nicer in person! I look forward to the NBD thread!
[/quote]

Mine will be charcoal, rather than black.
The neck and fingerboard are already well underway, but I'm waiting for the top to appear from the US before I start a build thread...

Eude

[quote name='bassman344' timestamp='1401831227' post='2467404']

[/quote]

Cheers dude, I like your thinking :)

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1401868295' post='2467574']
Whats the build time on these?.. ACGs that is.
[/quote]

I commissioned mine beginning April. Should be ready September-ish.
That's kinda what I expected but I hadn't a clue really, if he had said December I'd have been equally impressed.

Alan keeps you posted with photos of progress by email, it's good to see it bit by bit coming together.

[quote name='bassman344' timestamp='1401797231' post='2466910']

It is indeed the 33" graft. The B is excellent for the 33" scale. I've played short scale basses where the E was awful and almost impossible to get anything other than flubalubalub from. For what I'm playing it just feels so nice with such little effort needed it's incredible. Pups are great for being passive, can't wait til my new one is ready but this will need to go to fund the final payment for it.
Pics as follows in the sunshine for a change today.
[/quote]

This one is currently sat in my living room - Michael/bassman344 was kind enough to let me take it on trial with a view to buying it (and me supposed to be having a clear out!). I suspect he won't be getting it back, and if my 2 year old would ever go to sleep I could confirm it for sure!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401617929' post='2465205']
[b]Please God No! More GAS - ACG Content[/b]

Been spending far more time than is healthy on Alan's website and sent him a few tentative messages, which hasn't helped my GAS in the least - as you can imagine.

Talking of imagine, this 0098 J-Type 5-String is [i]very[/i] nice indeed but I can't help seeing it with a maple fretboard and black (or mint - woo!) pickguard. I've only got one kidney left, so that's not really an option in this case. Boo!

[url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/0098-j-type-5-string/"]http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/0098-j-type-5-string/[/url]

Though to be frank it's probably just as well we can't afford every bass we have GAS for ...isn't it..? :huh:

[/quote]
I could have sworn just the other day that you had received a new custom Limelight Jazz, is this another one about to join it? A friend for it perhaps! ;)

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1402088792' post='2470043']I could have sworn just the other day that you had received a new custom Limelight Jazz, is this another one about to join it? A friend for it perhaps! ;)
[/quote]

Not now I'm skint it isn't, no. :D