Why become a member? ×

Please God No! More GAS - ACG Content

discreet

[b]Please God No! More GAS - ACG Content[/b]

Been spending far more time than is healthy on Alan's website and sent him a few tentative messages, which hasn't helped my GAS in the least - as you can imagine.

Talking of imagine, this 0098 J-Type 5-String[size=4] is [/size][i]very[/i][size=4] nice indeed but I can't help seeing it with a maple fretboard and black (or mint - woo![/size][size=4]) pickguard. I've only got one kidney left, so that's not really an option in this case. Boo![/size]

[url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/0098-j-type-5-string/"][size=4]http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/0098-j-type-5-string/[/size][/url]

[size=4]Though to be frank it's probably just as well we can't afford every bass we have GAS for ...isn't it..? :huh:[/size]

[size=4][/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1401619894' post='2465230']
You could go for a Graft J Type, a little bit more affordable?...
[/quote]

Yes! I can't decide between a 5 or a 4-stringer, so it'll have to be both - with a corresponding budget adjustment! *Goes insane*

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1401620441' post='2465235']
I'm not really a big fan of J type basses but Alan's always change my mind. Somehow he has tweaked the shape to look dead gorgeous.
[/quote]

Yes! The whole design of the bass is a perfect balance between modern and vintage - white, tort, rosewood - traditional shape yet with a modern feel. And with the on-board pre I bet you can make it sound vintage and/or modern, too.

I'm getting so much GAS lately... I think I should probably turn myself in and report to the current mrs discreet for punishment.
Ooh, yeah. :gas:[size=4] [/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1401622531' post='2465255']
I went to his workshop a week or so ago. That certainly didn't help! Ended up leaving with an order placed and my bank balance whimpering slightly.
[/quote]

Holy Mother of God!! What did you order? Is there a pic of it?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401622605' post='2465257']
Holy Mother of God!! What did you order? Is there a pic of it?
[/quote]

Currently not much on here but it shall be updated as the year passes by :) Specs etc are all there

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/237850-so-i-decided-to-take-the-plunge/

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1401623462' post='2465267']
Currently not much on here but it shall be updated as the year passes by :) Specs etc are all there
[/quote]

Now that's what you call 'early stages'. :D Look forward to seeing that one progress.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1401622935' post='2465261']
I'm due to attack my pension fund next year. Once I've had an extension added to the house there'll be a great temptation to indulge myself! :D
[/quote]

So the extension is to house your bass collection..?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401660319' post='2465695']
So the extension is to house your bass collection..?
[/quote]

Kind of... I'm in a semi-detached with thin walls; I plan on having sound insulation added to the downstairs party walls which is where I can hear noise from next door but I'm looking at having an extension added to the back of my house and have that as a music room - a place for my hi-fi, bass combo and small collection of instruments...

Edited by HowieBass

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1401701592' post='2465889']
I'm wanting a passive graft j at the moment. Value for money is ridiculous.
[/quote]

After picking up my graft Finn, I've ended up ordering a graft J type. ACG has been very open and helpful. I just wish it was ready yesterday.

September can't come quick enough.

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1401720031' post='2466128']
The uber graft 5 in faded black on his site at the minute is rather lush...
[/quote]

I've seen it and played it in real life, it's even better in the flesh :)

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1401702856' post='2465902']
After picking up my graft Finn, I've ended up ordering a graft J type. ACG has been very open and helpful.
[/quote]
[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1401720057' post='2466129']
I've already got one of Alan's creations... I'm seriously thinking about a headless version of my singlecut Harlot...
[/quote]
[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1401720031' post='2466128']
The uber graft 5 in faded black on his site at the minute is rather lush...
[size=4][/quote][/size][size=4][quote name='eude' timestamp='1401720199' post='2466131'][/size]I've seen it and played it in real life, it's even better in the flesh...
[/quote]
[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1401733146' post='2466325']
I played it too. I second this!
[/quote]

Guys, this is NOT helping my GAS - AT ALL! :blink::P

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1401742444' post='2466487']
Did I dream it, or do I remember Alan saying that he was no longer offering solid painted finishes?
[/quote]

As far as I'm aware Alan will only do his Grunge Black finish, I could be wrong though...

Eude