Why become a member? ×

too critical?

steve-bbb

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401305502' post='2462329']
Music for people who don't actually like music is a huge market. See also: stupidly big cars for people who can't drive; best-selling novels for people who can't read and a plethora of 'luxury goods' for discerning consumers [size=4]who don't know their arses from a hole in the ground. Ooh, I'm grumpy today all right![/size]
[/quote]

are you trying to say there is something wrong with having all the gear and no idea?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401305502' post='2462329']
Music for people who don't actually like music is a huge market. See also: stupidly big cars for people who can't drive; best-selling novels for people who can't read and a plethora of 'luxury goods' for discerning consumers [size=4]who don't know their arses from a hole in the ground. Ooh, I'm grumpy today all right![/size]
[/quote]

Quote of the century!

I thought this song had promise.

I heard the intro and thought, 'interesting sound nice vibe'.

Then it hit the chorus and I thought, 'good chorus line, nice harmony, kind of updated motown'

Then the chorus repeated 4 billion times and I was instantaneously morphed into a dog, sucked into a reversed black hole and my soul rendered to tiny pieces of dirty, burnt paper.

I've not really been into it since then.

p.s. if they can't even perform a bad repetitive song live, then they really should consider something else as a pass time.

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1401478307' post='2464108']
Well, just coming up to 48 hours and I'm still waiting a reply to my text.
[/quote]
he's probably just spent 47 hours texting friends they all discussing how uncool it is for parents to be txting and trying to be hip and stuff :P

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401273454' post='2461835']
I've left quite a number of bands because one (or more) of the members turned out to be lazy bastards. I'm not going to put effort into a team thing if one or other of the team aren't putting in at least the same (if not more) effort. Two rehearsals in fifteen months? That band only exists as a concept! I can understand infrequent rehearsals if you're gigging a lot, though? :)
[/quote]

Its certainly not a 'concept'.Probably the busiest band I've been in. Fully functioning by the time I joined, I came in to replace the outgoing bassist. I think the most we did was 7 gigs in 1 month last Dec when there were parties on, its usually 2-4 a month. There really should be time in the quieter months to book rehearsal space but the band leader seems reluctant, being a tightwad basically. It puts a bit of pressure on though when the first time you do a song is at a paid gig. Usually the part that takes longest is for bandleader singist to actually remember the words properly!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401273454' post='2461835']
I've left quite a number of bands because one (or more) of the members turned out to be lazy bastards. I'm not going to put effort into a team thing if one or other of the team aren't putting in at least the same (if not more) effort. Two rehearsals in fifteen months? That band only exists as a concept! I can understand infrequent rehearsals if you're gigging a lot, though? :)
[/quote]

Not much wrong with throw-together bands as long as they never sound anything like a throw-together band.
Some people can busk really well, some read and all these are valid ways of getting the band to work
but even though I think most of our tracks sound more than worthwhile straight off the bat, I get frustrated
that you don't explore beyond the notes very much or easily if you don't put the time in.
I just think you are missing quite a bit of potential.... sure the band sounds very good...but it could be even better..
Why wouldn't you do that for yourselves...??

Man, there are some miserable cynical gits on this forum.. I think it's a great summer pop song with a catchy as hell chorus.. the verse is a bit nothing but it's a hell of a lot better than some of the other dross that seems to clog the charts up.

And I thought the performance was pretty good... I bet it was great to actually be there, having a boogie on a warm summers day with a cold beer in hand. Lighten up people. :D

I'm surprised that the Thought Police haven't waded in yet. Maybe they only do that when Prince is the one having something very slightly negative said about him.

I suspect it's going to be one of those songs that is going to take years to go away. It doesn't seem to be anything special to me, but obviously enough people think it is for Mr Williams to make another few million from it, which is more than is ever likely to happen to any of my songs.