Why become a member? ×

Kit overkill.

cclowend

Due to my hartke 4.5xl going in for repair (now returned)I bought a stand in 4x10 hartke transporter and I also have a hartke 115xl. I now have the choice of my normal 4.5 and 115 setup OR 4.5 and 4x10 transporter (8x10 setup). This excites me and my GK1001rb head greatly but I don't know which setup to use at rehearsal tomorrow to drown out my guitarist with.

Discuss.

But once you've finished with this guitarist you then have a world of opportunity to seek out a new [s]victim[/s] guitarist and unleash your sound of satan upon them. Nothing like a reputation to put the fear of God into those often too noisy strat players.

[quote name='Diablo' timestamp='1400827130' post='2457251']
But once you've finished with this guitarist you then have a world of opportunity to seek out a new [s]victim[/s] guitarist and unleash your sound of satan upon them. Nothing like a reputation to put the fear of God into those often too noisy strat players.
[/quote]

True, but even I draw the line at genocide. :D

[quote name='cclowend' timestamp='1400831419' post='2457281']
I blame my drummer. No matter how much bass I have on, he always insists on adding more. Sometimes its like the room in bending due to the amount of low frequency........I love it.
[/quote]
You are right to blame your drummer.
Statistics show it is invariably their fault.
Change of rehearsal room to one with real walls?

[quote]If it was me it would be 8x10 all the way, my guitarist gets distressed enough standing his 1x12 combo next to my 6x10 rig. I might start to feel bad if I went much bigger than that... [/quote]

I'd even be tempted to place an empty box on top of the 6x10 just to make the stack taller than the guitarist - intimidation!

It is not necessarily how loud you play, it is how loud you COULD play if you turned it all up - fear and surprise are the ways forward, don't let those guitarists shove you to the back of the stage and certainly don't have them drowning you out.

Had a first meeting of a new band tonight, in a pub as neutral territory. Everyone got on, even with the drummist, and we agreed a short set list and rehearsal for around a weeks time. My dilemma - at the first rehearsal do I turn up with the six-pak and sit in the background, or do I turn up with the 9B cab as well, turn it all up as far as it will go and blur their vision just to pee on my tree?

As Steve said, more is more, and I'm finding it difficult to see beyond that!

I'm aware it's encyclopaedic custom that all concepts in the article are assumed known, but still:
What is this ...... "practice" of which you speak?

([b]Somebody[/b] had to volunteer! And all the others took a step back!!! :o )

Edited by BassTractor