Why become a member? ×

withdrawn
£399

eubassix

Wow, you don't see these very often! The 8 string version of this bass is pretty rare too, but the four string is probably the rarest of all the Ibanez basses from this era, which was a golden era for Ibanez , by the way.

These are amazing basses in every way. Fantastic construction quality and a sound that is easily on a par with a lot of very expensive high end boutique basses on the market nowadays. It is no exaggeration to say the sound of these basses is comparable to ( and not that dissimilar to) Alembics from the same era. Yes it is heavy, but these basses were all heavy . This one is typical example in that respect . Back when this bass was new, no one cared if basses were heavy. If it was heavy, that was seen as a sign of quality. Use it for recording and playing at home, or gig with it sitting down. Anthony Jackson does it, so you can too.

This was one of the basses that I used to look at in magazines and shop windows and long for around the time I first started playing. When I see some of the overrated junk that people buy as "vintage" nowadays , this bass is a very refreshing alternative to that kind of tat. £400 for an instrument of this quality is a joke. Were it not for the fact that I am seriously thinking about emigrating in the not-too-distant future , this bass would be coming to live with me. GLWTS.

Edited by Dingus

Great bass! Good luck with the sale, I too love the Ibanez from this range, mine is a Limited Edition Musician :)

This seems a really low price for a great bass! There is currently the 8 string version of the studio on ebay at £795!!
Good luck, somebody is going to get a great bass!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...