Why become a member? ×

Bass Central

ern500evo

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1393849255' post='2384923']
It's a Bongo Stealth. The only other place I can find the exact one I want is Thomann, and even allowing $300 for shipping and 25-30% of the total for taxes etc the BC price still works out well over £300 cheaper. Oh bugger!!
[/quote]

I purchased my EB Bongo three years ago from The Bass Centre, had no problems with the order, in fact I could have chosen any bass/finish in the Bongo range, there was slightly longer wait time if it wasn't in stock but otherwise no issues.

[quote name='Mark Dyer' timestamp='1393856941' post='2385067']

I purchased my EB Bongo three years ago from The Bass Centre, had no problems with the order, in fact I could have chosen any bass/finish in the Bongo range, there was slightly longer wait time if it wasn't in stock but otherwise no issues.
[/quote]
The bass centre here in the UK or Bass Central in the US?

[quote name='sam-davies' timestamp='1393849080' post='2384920']

This is what I was sent by one of the guys there, August 2009.
[/quote]
Yep, just had email from them to confirm that they can't accept an order for a new Musicman bass from outside the US. But there may be a way around it yet!

Thought we'd found a way around it as my sis in law is in the States on holiday in a few weeks, and the order has to be placed from within the US. Unfortunately they can't ship it outside the US so it would mean getting it shipped to the Las Vegas hotel where she'll be staying and her bringing it home. Not sure I like the idea of it being sent to a hotel tbh, so looks like if I want one right now I'll be paying full whack for it!

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1393889960' post='2385624']
Look out for a used one in the US. If there's a dealer with a used or ex-demo one then they can ship outside of US.
[/quote]
Yes he did say that a used or ex demo model wouldn't have the same restrictions, so that's another option. They do have quite a few used MM basses on their website, so maybe I'll just have to keep checking to see what they've got.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1393889960' post='2385624']
Look out for a used one in the US. If there's a dealer with a used or ex-demo one then they can ship outside of US.
[/quote]
A few years ago, I actually got a quote from Bass Central for shipping a used Musicman over here. I didn’t go ahead with it in the end but they seemed more than happy to deal with me and ship to Blighty...

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1393890506' post='2385633']

Yes he did say that a used or ex demo model wouldn't have the same restrictions, so that's another option. They do have quite a few used MM basses on their website, so maybe I'll just have to keep checking to see what they've got.
[/quote]

Check eBay as well. Quite a lot of US dealers sell on eBay and will happily ship ex-demo stock to the UK.

Promenade in the UK sometimes have good prices on Used or ex-demo stock too.

I won't go into MusicMan pricing over here in the UK but it's not a 'dealer margin' issue. The base price charged to UK dealers is really high compared to USA.

About Bass Central:

181 Oxford Road, Suite 107
Fern Park, Florida 32730

Hours:

Monday - Friday 10am - 7pm
Saturday 11am - 5pm
Closed Sunday

Definitely going there during up and coming trip to FL. Will take pictures and post them

Only 20 minutes from hotel

Edited by Geek99

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1393928301' post='2385820']
About Bass Central:

181 Oxford Road, Suite 107
Fern Park, Florida 32730

Hours:

Monday - Friday 10am - 7pm
Saturday 11am - 5pm
Closed Sunday

Definitely going there during up and coming trip to FL. Will take pictures and post them

Only 20 minutes from hotel
[/quote]
The guys there have been absoulutely brilliant tbh, obviously their hands are tied by Musicman on international orders but theyve been really helpful in trying to find a way around it. Unfortunately it doesn't look like i'll be able to order from them, as i just don't feel comfortable about it being delivered to a hotel in Vegas, but they have been great about the whole thing. Shall definitely be paying them a visit next time i'm in Florida.

Bought my Fbass from them. No problems whatsoever. I think Dave La Rue has a stake in the shop too. Arrived in France very quickly, only hold up was my end with French customs. Perfectly packed and set up. Very pro outfit and I would use them again.

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1393929476' post='2385846']
The guys there have been absoulutely brilliant tbh, obviously their hands are tied by Musicman on international orders but theyve been really helpful in trying to find a way around it. Unfortunately it doesn't look like i'll be able to order from them, as i just don't feel comfortable about it being delivered to a hotel in Vegas, but they have been great about the whole thing. Shall definitely be paying them a visit next time i'm in Florida.
[/quote]

Also, bear in mind that even if you did manage to find some way of getting around EBMMs no export rule you'd be screwed if you had any problems with the bass as it wouldn't be covered by any warranty.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1394006163' post='2386717']

Also, bear in mind that even if you did manage to find some way of getting around EBMMs no export rule you'd be screwed if you had any problems with the bass as it wouldn't be covered by any warranty.
[/quote]
The only way I could have done it would have been to get my sister in law to buy it while she was in the US and bring it home with her, that way BC wouldn't have broken any EBMM export restrictions.