[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1393680480' post='2383277']
Wow, what a find, think a black dog clip appeared on a BBC doc a while back

Have a great gig !
[/quote]
[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1393680480' post='2383277']
Wow, what a find, think a black dog clip appeared on a BBC doc a while back

Have a great gig !
[/quote]

Thanks, looking good, I spoke with her this morning and she is dead keen on getting on stage.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1393680610' post='2383280']
Where is Betafunk? I seem to remember he has got a bit of a thing for that girl from Babe Ruth. I just hope he is prepared for what the ravages of time can do.
[/quote]

Well, she's not 20 years old any more, but she's far from ravaged by time...she takes care of herself. And that voice can still make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end. Can't wait to see how tonight's audience reacts when she joins us!

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1393680922' post='2383287']
Well, she's not 20 years old any more, but she's far from ravaged by time...she takes care of herself. And that voice can still make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end. Can't wait to see how tonight's audience reacts when she joins us!
[/quote]

I'm sure she is very presentable and I wish her well. I am only concerned that she will have to compete with Betafunk's misty-eyed memories of the lady in question in her succulent prime.

One of the best parts of the story so far is that the rest of band seemed to think I was winding them up, or had spent too long over the road in my local. When she turned up on Thursday, they still weren't completely convinced until she started to sing. The look on their faces was priceless! Sadly, I had a bass in my hands, not a camera.

I must admit that I'd not heard of Jenny Haan or Babe Ruth Band, so have done some Googling - wow, what a top band, and a front person with a powerful presence and voice and unique style. What a great kitchen find! I'm just imagining how excited you are at the moment.
Here's one of my favourites so far:

http://youtu.be/jad9YFROKuw

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1393685139' post='2383334'] I must admit that I'd not heard of Jenny Haan or Babe Ruth Band, so have done some Googling - wow, what a top band, and a front person with a powerful presence and voice and unique style. What a great kitchen find! I'm just imagining how excited you are at the moment. Here's one of my favourites so far: http://youtu.be/jad9YFROKuw [/quote]

Great performance. It did look like only the lead vocals were live, though - the guitar solo and percussion/BVs weren't exactly in sync. Interesting typo in the end credits too - unless there was an artist in the 70's called 'Bonnie Raith'??

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1393687065' post='2383363']
Interesting typo in the end credits too - unless there was an artist in the 70's called 'Bonnie Raith'??
[/quote]

Wasn't she known for her thlide guitar playing?

It's actually our kitchen, the MiL lives with us. Jenny H. was helping her unpack her shopping, she does some work with elderly folk. Just a chance remark from the MiL that Jenny 'does a bit of singing' that lead to an increasingly bizarre conversation as I slowly realized who I was talking to! I gave her one of our CDs and she said she'd like to sing with us sometime, if the rest of the band didn't mind!

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1393685139' post='2383334']
I must admit that I'd not heard of Jenny Haan or Babe Ruth Band, so have done some Googling - wow, what a top band, and a front person with a powerful presence and voice and unique style. What a great kitchen find! I'm just imagining how excited you are at the moment.
Here's one of my favourites so far:

[media]http://youtu.be/jad9YFROKuw[/media]
[/quote]

Yet more ammunition to bring back TOGWT!

You have no idea how weird it is to sit here looking at these clips when we'll be setting up on stage together in an hour's time!

Usual singers are the guitarist and the harp player (who does 4 number in the set only). Guitarist relieved to be able to concentrate on guitar and bvs.