Why become a member? ×

Wot no Bass Show thread?

visog

No thread on this or have I missed it?

I'm not going 'cause its a right old din and there seem to be more celebrity bass guests than players - Jeff Berlin excepted but I've heard enough of his chorused dom 7 arpeggios to last a lifetime.

Am I just being grumpy and out of touch?

Thoughts?

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1393573173' post='2381950']
I'm just going to check out gear... zero interest in anyone playing, I haven't heard of most of them.
[/quote]

Same here but put off by the £23 advance/£25 on the door to look at stuff in a very noisy environment where touch is more prevalent than sound :lol:

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1393573034' post='2381947']
I'm not going 'cause its a right old din and there seem to be more celebrity bass guests than players
[/quote]
If you can call rock, metal, funk, soul & soloing gods and some of the most widely recorded session legends on the planet 'celebrity guests' rather than players, then yes you are absolutely right. Personally I am absolutely gutted not be going, but fiscal and geographical factors make it impossible.
Does anyone fancy working out how many albums Lee Sklar and Mo Foster have appeared on between them?? :lol:

OK so I'm a grump.. guilty as charged... So how was it for all you happy visitors?

Did Nigel Clutterbuck stick to the 15minute rule?

Did everyone avoid playing an open 'E'?

Did Jeff Berlin keep his opinions to himself?

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1393925178' post='2385774']
Hey, pinned posts are bloody well NOT ancient history :)
[/quote]

Well that's twice I've annoyed you in one thread! Not intentional...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm resurrecting this thread for those who don't "do" the Events forum. I've added a reply from Joel McIver regarding improvements to the 2015 LBGS here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/207161-the-london-bass-guitar-show-2014/page__view__findpost__p__2394165"]http://basschat.co.u...ost__p__2394165[/url].
Feel free to take a look at the previous 2-3 pages of posts too.
If you'd like to add comments, please reply on the Events thread, not this one. Thanks :)

Edited by bluejay