Why become a member? ×

Twisted Sister..sounds like ???

Dr.Dave

We're not gonna take it. The first two lines of the verse , what does that melody remind me of ??? Keen to have a crack at this song but I do like to nick bits of other songs and wedge them in for a laugh. I know the ' Wo wo wo etc ' bit in the middle is 'God Save the Queen' by the Pistols so I'll stick a bit of that in but it's not being able to identify the verse that's frustrating me. Terrible thing , this middle age sh*t.

Well it's a dead ringer for the melody from an old Camel instrumental track.... but you don't strike me as a prog-rock fan so I suspect it's not that !#

("First Light" from the "Rain Dances" album 1 - from around 1min 9 secs in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCSjt_FmNjw

Edited by BOD2

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1393453507' post='2380624']
Were you listening to this on Dr Mosh on Simo Mayo's Radio 2 show tonight?
[/quote]

I was.

And Dee Snider is that bird from Sex In The City, Carrie. The fact that you never see the pair of them together lends further credence to this theory.

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The first two lines of the verse , what does that melody remind me of ???[/font][/color][/quote]

Errm well the Chorus and the guitar solo for a start :) still at least it had 100% more Chords than "I am, I'm me" - nice chaps when I met them though