Why become a member? ×

Limelight Guitars Custom Heavy Relic 62 P Bass SOLD
£550

peety

Right i only took delivery of this about 5 weeks ago having wanted a Relic'd bass for some time, being unable to afford a Nash or Bravewood i saw a thread about Limelight and read reviews and having spoken to Mark was very impressed and went ahead with the order. The bass is Olympic white over Sunburst with an aged maple neck and fingerboard and is currently strung with Lakland medium gauge flats. The bass plays well and sounds superb just l;ike a P bass should.

Unfortunately a change in circumstances means i can't afford to have money tied up in 2 quality basses and as much as i love this it will never replace my Bob Glaub so i am reluctantly forced to move this on.

Below is some history behind the concept and the spec of this bass,

[b]History[/b]

The idea behind Limelight Custom Guitars began after being inspired by Bill Nash. He makes some of the greatest instruments today and has many famous players who want the sound, feel and look of a vintage instrument without the worry of taking their hugely valuable pre CBS Fender to gigs. Previously the only other alternative was Fender's own custom shop offerings. However, Nash's are not cheap (around £2000 to buy new in the UK) and neither are Fender Custom shop.

Please step forward Limelight Custom Guitars! We aim to produce basses (and later on, guitars) that look really cool, and desirable, but also to feel just right when playing and of course to sound fantastic, too.

We are not aiming to make cheap instruments which are constrained by inferior parts, but to make the best instruments we can, with the good quality parts, and a strong emphasis on sound, feel and playability. We do not compromise specifications and do not build to a price point. Our aim is offer a viable alternative to Nash and Custom Shop at less than half the comparable price.

[b]Product Description[/b]

Limelight Custom Guitars - 00125 P Bass heavy relic Olympic white

Specifications:

Gotah tuners
Aged Nitro-cellulose finished neck with Tusq nut, dots and hand rolled fingerboard edges
Alder body
Quality vintage bridge
CTS pots and Sprague cap
Vintage wired
Limelight Guitars custom made Alnico Pickup
Switchcraft jack

I'm taking quite a hit on the bass for hopefully a quick sale and will include a generic hardcase and postage in the price. I may be prepared to take a cheaper bass that i could use as a back up plus cash in a trade, so if you are interested it's worth a try.

[attachment=154906:62 P bass pic 1.JPG] [attachment=154907:62 P bass 2.JPG][attachment=154908:62 P Bass 3.JPG][attachment=154908:62 P Bass 3.JPG][attachment=154993:62 P BASS 4.JPG][attachment=154995:62 P BASS 5.JPG][attachment=154996:62 P BASS 6.JPG][attachment=154998:62 P BASS 8.JPG][attachment=154997:62 P BASS 7.JPG][attachment=154999:62P BASS 9.JPG][attachment=154999:62P BASS 9.JPG]

I will add some more pictures later if you need to ask anything please give me a call

Cheers Steve

[right][url="http://www.classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/index.htm"]E PAGE[/url][/right]

Edited by peety

I've owned a roadworn Jazz bass and would say this is a comparable instrument, never played a Nash so couldn't comment on that.

What i would say is that Mark is great guy to deal with and for my money these are quality basses for the money, i'm really only getting rid of this as i need to free up some cash

Cheers Steve

Cheers Steve, I also owned a Road Worn Jazz but had to sell due to ergonomic issues; can only do P's. If I wasn't holding out for a sonic blue I'd have been tempted by this; best of luck with the sale.

Have to ask, how good is the Glaub? ;)

For me the Lakland BG'S are ther best precisions out there i have had 2 both have been superb basses, i only sold my Black one as it seemed daft having 2 identical basses, i'm currently having the Sunburst refinished in Olympic White, not particularly cost effective but that's irrelevant as it is the one bass i will never sell.

Would love to be able to justify a US one one day

Cheers Steve