Why become a member? ×

EAD Foundation 212 cab (inc cover) £800 collected
£900

andydye

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][s]Probably[/s] for sale as I need the space this is without a doubt the best Cab I have ever owned/played. Clarity, depth, aesthetics, solidity, ruggedness, as much cab as you need![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I love this cab and it sounds awesome, it was perfect when I was playing with the covers band but now that has passed I'm looking to downsize on the cab front a bit as I no longer need a cab [i]this good! [/i]Just summat small will suffice as I get pa support with that band anyway...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]They've been tested a-b style with the barefaced S12t and while both are great the EAD carries a fuller bottom and clearer mids, it also has less harsh top end, an all round sweeter cab and the barefaced is no slouch at all![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The attention to detail and build quality really is Rolls Royce standard and the sound is immense.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's a 3 Way design with 2x12" Bass drivers 6.5" mid driver & HF horn, [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Impedance 4 Ohms, [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]POWER HANDLING 500 Watts RMS (1000 Watts Peak). [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Crossover Frequencies 800Hz and 3.5 KHz. Frequency Response 35 Hz to 20 kHz.. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sensitivity 102 dB SPL[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Weight 57 lbs / 26 kg. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Width 20.75in. / 52.7 cm. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Height 24.60in. / 62.5 cm. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Depth 17.12 in. / 43.5 cm[/font][/color]

[b]£800 collected or will deliver within a reasonable distance for petrol pennies[/b]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:152395]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][attachment=163064:post-681-0-37039300-1367069218.jpg][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][attachment=163065:post-681-0-72973800-1367069280.jpg][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][attachment=163066:post-681-0-95721600-1367069306.jpg][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Comes with a Roqsolid cover that it has lived in from new.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]More details can be found here: [/font][/color][url="http://www.extendedaudiodesign.co.uk/"]http://www.extendedaudiodesign.co.uk/[/url]

Fully checked out by Dave last weekend and all solder joints in the crossover remade for extra robustness, full clean bill of health :)

Collection or local delivery only...sorry

Edited by andydye

I can't recommend this cab enough. Mine is going nowhere.

Rare too, I think Dave won't mind me saying that they are too good to be made in small volume and still turn a profit sufficient to make the exercise worthwhile.

Awesome cabs, arguably as good as you'll find.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1391436178' post='2357087']
I can't recommend this cab enough. Mine is going nowhere.

Rare too, I think Dave won't mind me saying that they are too good to be made in small volume and still turn a profit sufficient to make the exercise worthwhile.

Awesome cabs, arguably as good as you'll find.

Peter
[/quote]

Thanks Peter, they are pretty rare and awesome ;)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1391459475' post='2357470']
I think this may be my ideal cab... but I just can't get the bloomin' cash together!! :gas:
[/quote]

Sorry the timing wasn't good for you matey, I know you really wanted it too :(

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1391512555' post='2357866']
As good as it gets, no intention of selling mine so if this is what you want I would take the chance they will be few and far between.
[/quote]

...and this is exactly why I'm having second thoughts about this!

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1391513038' post='2357875']
Not for me to tell you what to do but if you sell then want another I would say you are pretty well stuffed.
[/quote]

I know mate...I think I need to reconsider its storage at home before I decide to sell!

I'll withdraw this for now until I've properly thought it through

• 3 months later...

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1400501935' post='2454370']
MB1.
Topic Reopened!
BUMP.
[/quote]

many thanks matey, first post updated to reflect new price of £800 collected (from Sheffield) or will deliver within reasonable distance for petrol pennies

Aaaarrrggghhhhh! These things are like bloody busses... nothing for ages then TWO arrive together! :gas:

If Mrs C comes home tonight with some good financial news... I may be in touch :gas: ;)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1400594785' post='2455268']
Aaaarrrggghhhhh! These things are like bloody busses... nothing for ages then TWO arrive together! :gas:
If Mrs C comes home tonight with some good financial news... I may be in touch :gas: ;)
[/quote]

Sorry to cause you trauma again matey, it's not deliberate I promise ;)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1400594785' post='2455268']

[/quote] get them both?

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that this hasn't sold hints to me that a lot of bassists don't know what they're missing.

In my opinion, for a full range 4ohm cab they are hard to beat (I've heard comparisons with other popular cabs) and in terms of construction and finish they knock spots off all the opposition.

A custom crossover with tweeter and horn attenuation make it ultra versatile too.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1402075244' post='2469862']
The fact that this hasn't sold hints to me that a lot of bassists don't know what they're missing.
[/quote]

Possibly - but I'm not buying it because I'm hoping Andy will come to his senses and withdraw it! :)
If it's sold he will rue the day forever!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1402075618' post='2469870']
Possibly - but I'm not buying it because I'm hoping Andy will come to his senses and withdraw it! :)
If it's sold he will rue the day forever!
[/quote]

True :)

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1402075244' post='2469862']

In my opinion, for a full range 4ohm cab they are hard to beat (I've heard comparisons with other popular cabs) and in terms of construction and finish they knock spots off all the opposition.

A custom crossover with tweeter and horn attenuation make it ultra versatile too.

Peter
[/quote]

thanks peter mate, it really is the most awesome cab at both low and significant sound levels! Sadly it's gotta go as times change and my gear needs to fit them...also need the space in the house as it hasn't been used in ages apart from home practise use and it's a tad overkill for that ;)