Why become a member? ×

And now for something a bit different Kingbasses

OldGit

MB1. :)

its a kingbass jim but not as we know it! i truly think rob green can rest easy on this one,maybe he could retaliate with a green bass! mr kings obviously a brave man to put his name to this,very different,ill give you that!

MB1.

• 4 years later...

Very similar to a home made/ custom job travel bass that was featured in 'my bass is' in bassist magazine a loooong time ago.
Still have every issue bar the flea cover ( I was too poor :( ) in a stack in my room. Well read and mostly memorised lol.

Edited by gafbass02

sorry the first two are hideous... really cant stand all that headless stuff.. just reminds me of a guy i used to know who wanted to marry Mark King... more evidence of a maker trying to solve a problem that doesnt exist

Edited by bubinga5

I saw a David King bass for sale in Notting Hill Music Exchange years ago - interesting beast. Nice wood, lots of clever carving, and it had a funky built-in tuner. They only wanted £600 for it too. Not really my thing though - not a fan of headless basses.

weird :blink:

bet they feel nice to play and light enough for the guys on here with back issues and problems with heavy basses.

one thing i want to know is . . . with not having much of a body, would this affect the tone as compared to a full size bass with exact same hardware?

BSB